microphone stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent91

Solid State Member
I bought a cheap $10 microphone about a year ago and until now it was working fine, it's not a headset just a small clip on thingo. Anyway I thought it was broken so I bought anotha one (which was exactly the same one) and that didn't work either so I tested it on another computer which was a Windows ME and both of them worked. :rolleyes:

My computer is a Windows XP Professional and I don't know why it stopped working, I'm a bit of a noob and I don't really know what my sound card is. It could be either a Intel(r) Integrated Audio or Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Sync

If you can help me PLEASE do,
Drew

go into control pannel > then clikc sound and audio devices > then in the device volume are clik Advanced, make sure all ur volumes in there are up.

Ok when u say make sure you have the RECORDING mixer, not playback I didn't really understand so I doubled clicked on that little icon for sound down the bottom and went into options properties and changed playback to rercording... I followed your link to the other post and did what you said and it STILL doesn't work :(

When I open Sound and Audio Devices and go to the Audio tab it says in the box of recording 'Intel(r) Integrated Audio' and thats the only selection there is :S

Alright... you did the right thing....

But just to make sure of it.. try this step-by-step:

1. Goto Control Panel
2. Click Sounds & Audio Devices. Then Click the Audio Tab(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/yamaha135/SoundsandAudio.bmp)
3. Under the Sound Playback section, click Volume.
4. Make sure that your mic channel is set at least half way and is not muted.
5. Close the volume window.
6. Click volume under Sound Recording. Find the microphone channel and make sure it is half way up and is selected (check box).
7. Click advanced and add the 20db+ Mic Boost.

Here is a pic of what everything looks like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/yamaha135/microphone.jpg

EDIT: The Mic Boost is optional. Only certain microphones will need it.

DONT WORRY BOUT THAT OTHA POST! I got it working, I had a option on called Alternate mic and I turned it off and it worx thanx for all your time ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom