Microphone still not working!!!

VIKINGS

Beta member
Ok, now I've just about had it with this ****ing life and all it's bull****, I am literally on the brink...
So the last, in a very long line of "this life sucks and nothing good can ever happen in it" things, is that me and a friend of mine decided we wanna play some online games and use VOIP(probably through skype).

So we fixed up his pc(his motherboard fried), we bought a new motherboard, some more ram, went to a provider and got him internet(and these things took some doing as we are both piss poor), etc. but no matter what I did I couldn't get the freaking microphone to work!!!!....

So here's what we got:

- windows 7 x64(ultimate edition I think);
- windows fully updated(apart from a few updates that failed to install, most having to do with net framework 4.5, still working on those);
- new motherboard is a Asus M4A78-EM(realtek onboard sound cad)
- latest win 7 64 drivers for the motherboard(audio included) from the asus website;
- no problems in device manager, no exclamation point, no question mark, no yellow, nothing;
- tried every possible combination of settings from the realtek sound manager and from windows sound panel;
- tried 2 pairs of headphones with microphone, extremely low chance that both have broken mics(they both behave exactly the same);
- tried the mic jacks both in the front panel of the case and in the back straight into the sound card, nothing. (if I insert the headphone jacks those work, just not the mics);
- literally went through about a dozen google search pages, tried several search phrases, read dozens of forums/posts, etc.;
- in the ****ing end spent more money(that we do not have!) and bought a new Logilink usb sound card model UA0053. Nothing, behaves exactly the same as the onboard one.

Results: No matter what I do there are only 2 main results(depending on how I mess with the sample rate, bit depth, noise suppression and volume settings): eighter no sound at all when you speak in the mic, or just an annoying/constant buzzing sound. Once I managed to get rid of the buzzing and reduce the sound to a couple of crackles and pops(maybe from his speaking into it?) but nothing that would even closely resemble a human voice.

I'm really hoping someone can help me get the damn mics to work?!?!(preferably on the onboard sound card so I can return the other one and get our money back)
So please, tell me what the hell else can I do?! Cause I am right there man, right on the ****ing edge of the cliff, this life just needs to push me one more time....

Thank you.

P.S. Not sure, moderators, if this post should be here or in the windows section. If I made a mistake, sorry, please move it.

Crikey :p take a few breaths mate haha

1. Plug the microphone into the back mic port on the PC (the red input port) and open up Realtek Manager

2. Make sure that it recognises that something is plugged into that port - should show up fully red and not kind of greyed out looking, and if you double click on it it should ask you what device is plugged in. Make sure you've selected "Microphone"

3. Open up Control Panel > Sound and click on the "Recording" tab. Take a screenshot of what's showing up there if you can and post it up

Well, I rechecked everything today and sadly I was right, everything checks out. So **** it, I'm done, I can't take anymore of this....
Thank you for trying to help guys, but no more, Tuesday we're taking the pc to a service shop and let them fix it if they can.... I've spent too much time, energy, money, bad blood on this....

Back
Top Bottom