Microphone settings

ZiaYousaf

Beta member
Hello,

In not sure if this is the right forum for this but i hope i can get my answer.

Before when i inserted my microphone or headfone i used to get a pop up, however as it was annoying i stopped it but now my microphone doesnt register on the computer.

I am running a windows 7 computer with NVIDIA Control Panel and Realtek HD audio manager.

Thank you in advance.

Zia

Are the microhpone settings disabled? Try going into the Control Panel and selecting Sounds & Audio Devices. Then, choose "advanced" in "device volume" and make sure that it's not muted.

Also, what exactly was the pop up that you got? You may need to re-download the driver. If that still doesn't work, then the simplest answer is that the jack is no longer good (and considering that headphones don't work either I'm guessing this may be the case)

Are the microhpone settings disabled? Try going into the Control Panel and selecting Sounds & Audio Devices. Then, choose "advanced" in "device volume" and make sure that it's not muted.

Also, what exactly was the pop up that you got? You may need to re-download the driver. If that still doesn't work, then the simplest answer is that the jack is no longer good (and considering that headphones don't work either I'm guessing this may be the case)

The pop up was a little box that asked me what i had plugged into the computer, whether it was a headphone or microphone.

Ive tried what you mentioned but it didnt work :/

I think it's a bad jack. If you can, try plugging it into another computer and see if it works.

I have just tried to put it into another computer and it works fine. It was working fine til i stopped that pop up thing :/. I doubt its anything to do with the headfones or the jack.

Back
Top Bottom