Microphone Doesn't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliche

Beta member
Hi

I recently bought a new headset from Logitech. The sound works fine, but the microphone doesn't work... too well. The problem is that I need to scream to get it to pick up any sound. It works fine on my other computer, which makes me think there may be something wrong with this computer.

I've been doing some searching on the internet and I've found that sometimes you need to increase the gain on your computer/sound card. How do I do this?

Thanks a LOT in advance.

I don't have that to check. I have 1 Microphone Boost but thats it.

Edit- I did some searching on this website. Everyone was told to check the microphone in the Playback section of the volume options. I have one in my recording section but not in my microphone section.

The thing is, the microphone works. I just have to scream for it to pick up the sound.

in the recording section, make sure the microphone box is checked.

Then in the PLAYBACK section, make sure the microphone isn't muted and also bring the slider up. Then go to the microphone boost and make sure it is checked.

Make sure EVERYTHING is unmuted, and of course, the MIC is plugged into the pink port on the back/front of the PC.

If that doesn't work, update the audio drivers.

I did everything and nothing helps.

Checking Microphone Boost completely stops the microphone from working as when before, I could yell into it.

Again, two of my microphones work on my other computer. Could it be a problem with my sound card? Is it possible for me to turn up my sensitivity/gain?

And where do I update audio drivers?

Edit- I just tested everything again. Now, I can't even change my volume because I don't have a mixer for some reason. I used to have something called SigmaTel I think. Also, when I run sound tests on DXDIAG, it says my sound card doesn't support hardware buffering. My computer does not detect any of my sound devices either, although sound comes from them.

Well, the microphone boost/ +20db IS the sensitivity.

What kind of soundcard are you using and what jack is the mic plugged into?

Hi Cliche,

Now i got the same problem like you do.

What the **** is going on with my onboard sound card (Cmedia 9761A)?

My microphone is working well in the other computer. With this freaking one, I need to yell very loud in order to record my sound (even I did not mute the sound and I checked the boost microphone +20db status.

Very frustrated now....

try to update ur driver of the sound card. then check it ? well u have any front panel jack for ur mic if yes just plug and check, may be it is the compalint of ur jack..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom