Microphone does not work on new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
So i installed ventrilo on a Gateway M Series laptop with Vista 64bit. I downloaded the correct ventrilo, but nothing can pick up my voice from my headset. I tried using the voice recognition wizard, but the sound bar never moves when I talk and Vista says it can't hear my voice. I have the mic boosted all the way. Any other ideas?

Well here goes my attempt at this.

Right click the speaker icon on the task bar and go to "Recording Devices". Set the mic as "Default Device" by right clicking on it and selecting the proper option.

Then double click the mic and goto the "Levels" tab and make sure its up all the way and not muted.

If that still don't work try going to the "Playback Devices" (right click speaker icon). Then going to "Levels" tab and make sure the mic is up and not muted.

If that still don't work then u might wanna do some Google searches about vista and microphones. U could also check for updates to your audio drivers.

I hope u get this fixed... cause I have had a **** of a time getting the front panel mic input working on my SB Xtremegamer card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom