Which microphone do I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrage999

Beta member
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a microphone for my desktop computer however, I'm unsure of which two of the following to get.

I will mainly use the microphone for speech recognition but it will occasionally be use for sound recordings and gaming uses.

My debate is between:
Plantronics .Audio 625 USB Stereo Headset - £17.99
Plantronics .Audio 625 USB Stereo Headset: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

and

Logitech USB Desktop Microphone - £16.80
Logitech USB Desktop Microphone: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Which would you recommend? I wouldn't mind some headphones for my pc but they're around the same price so I'm not sure which one to get.

Thanks in advance...

I have that Logitech USB Mic. It is easily clear enough for VOiP, Speech recognition and gaming use.

But what do you mean sound recordings ? if you are doing any kind of proper voice work/recording music you may want a proper studio microphone which Ricanflow will happily help you with.

Never really used a mic to say (laptop got 1 built in, hardly use it) but as Oreo said for the proper voice work/recording you should invest in a studio mic. Headset seems cool to me though, if you're on for gaming, should be easier also, not totally sure though lol.

Also welcome to Tech Forums :).

By sound recordings I just meant the occasional mess around with it. I will mainly use this for speech recognition.

Which do you think will be more sturdy and generally last longer?

Thanks for your welcoming responces!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom