mic wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDD11791

Beta member
I will tell you the whole thing that happened. Late one night I was talking to my friend and playing Warcraft 3. I can't host on Warcraft 3 because of my router, so I unhooked my internet and hardlined my PC right to my Modem. Well, it did'nt work. So I rerouted all of the cables to the right ports, blah blah, my internet came back on. I got on Ventrilo with my friend and my Mic was messing up. So I didnt know what was wrong with it. I shut my PC off for the night. The next day I got on and my mic didnt work at all. I could hear my friends talking, but they couldnt hear me. I made it so I could hear myself by unmuting my mic in Playback in the volume controler. Well, I could'nt hear my voice, but I could hear my TV along with my typing over my headset. I was lost. I was using a intagrated Realtek sound card. Today I got a new sound card. A SB Audigy. It's for PCI slot. Well, everything sounds better but my mic still doesent work. I run windows XP. Please respond with mutliple solutions to my problem. Thx for the help.

A: Your hosting problem has to do with port forwarding. You can host a game server behind a router, you just have to forward the port to your PC. Search google for more info.

B: Double click the volume control on the system tray. There should be a Microphone option. Try turning that up or unmuting it. Also go to File -> Properties (?) and choose Recording Devices, then select your microphone (sometimes it will be set to your Line-In port). If your new sound card has a special control panel, look in there for microphone options. If your microphone doesn't work on any PC, soundcard, etc, then the microphone may be broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom