MIC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarbear

Solid State Member
hey all =)

Its not often that I have *unfixable* trouble with windows but this latest one has got me stumped. After recently doing a format I plugged my heatset into the standard jacks at the back (microphone and speaker). While using Ventrilo people were saying they could hear every sound that was happening on my 'puter, including music playing, games, any other emitted sound.

I didn't believe them, but I tested it anyway, using winamp 5 and windows built in sound recorder, and sure enough, I could record a rather staticky version of the song. I thought this moght have been due to the headphones being too lud, but turning them down made no difference, the volume and the frequency were near identical to before. Then I got smart and unplugged the headphones and left the mic in by itself, played a song and pressed record and sure enough the same ting happened. :\

I could be way off here but it seems as if my Mic jack is acting as a speaker and a microphone port. I thought that there might have been some contact with the metal plate at the back and I was getting a current through but I didn't see how that was possible and it wasn't happening anyway.

So simply put: My mic is recieving sound as if it was a speaker port, yet I can still talk into it and get a perfect fine sound (as long as there is no background music or the whole thing turns into static). I reinstalled my sound card drivers and I messed with all the audio options I didn't under stand but to no avail. Muting the mic through both software and hardare options has no effect, so I figure it msut be something to do with the jack or the software.

Anyway, like I said, I'm completely at a loss for this, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

its a IC bypass utility, you'll find it in the Advanced setting of the MIC (accessed from Cotrol panel > sound/audoi devices > Voice tab > and there u'll see advanced button beside MIC. there willl be checkbox there, MIC ByPass and one other (as i canot tell preciousy, i dont have mic)

(thids above is for winXP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom