mic F-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

stphnman20

Beta member
wassupers

I only use my mic for counter strike. I've troubleshoot it and nothing. It sounds like crap on CS:S and on windows.

The problem: When I try to speak it sounds like i'm underwater. I can hear stuff in the background like the tv or whatever, but can't hear it very good not clear. If I tap the mic I can't hear it, but if I tap my desk I can. hmmm. Whatever goes through the mic it sounds like crap and nothing sounds clear. I've overclocked my computer from 3.0ghz to 3.4ghz don't know if that's the problem or it might be my sound card.(sound blaster live) HELP!

i don't think it's your sound card... it might be your microphone... what sensitivity do you have it set at in CS... i also play counter-strike and in the options menu you can set your microphone on different settings... try playing around in there.... looook me up in CS:S

Cerebral_Assassin (soon to be hopefully)
[=TGD=]Cerebral_Assassin

I've tried everthing on the counter strike options and on the windows options and still nothing. But I can't find the voice sensitivity on CS:S. Where can i find it?

This has happened to a few computer mic's for me. Cheap dollar store mics (which most computer mics are) dont last very long. Also if you even talk to loud they pysically clip.

Go out and spend a few $$$ on a new one.

BTW: I got an SM-58 for my PC :)

Crysalis: I've done my research and I've done this but still no luck:(

DJ-CHRIS: this is my 3rd one. I just bought this 3 weeks ago. It's a plantronics. I like this one because it sounds hella good watching movies.

Do you guys think it's cuz i've overclocked my cpu and video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom