Messed up MOBO transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

verman84

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, I need help,

I have a Coolermaster Wavemaster case, (google it)has audio jacks, pink mic and green speaker on the top of the case
and I transfered my mobo from a new Emachines (t6410)which had same config on the front of the case, that I just bought. When I did so, I sort of messed up the audio configuration a little.

I spent about an hour just getting my speakers to work in stereo again and then I realized that the speaker jack on the back of the computer didnt work but the one on the top of the case did....hm?

I believe that when i hooked up all of the audio "prongs" sorry for lack of proper terminology, seen here ( in know its a horrible shot but i only have a camera phone)

See next post for image of "prongs"

I figured I would just hook them up like they were in the old case, but the old case used a prewired harness that fit right onto the pins and the wires were different colors from the ones that came with my new case not to mention there were 7 wires and i have 6.

the mobo is a MSI RS480-IL, amd ath64 socket 754 ati chipset.

here is what i am given* X indicates no prong* *0 represents prong/empty prong*
0 0 0 0 0
0 X 0 0 0
"JAUDIO1"

And here is what i have thus far
1 2 3 4 5
0 X 0 0 6
"Thus far"
1. Purple (left out)
2. Purple (left return)
3. Blue (right out)
4. Blue (right return)
5. Yellow (Mic in)
6. Green (Ground)

ORIGINAL Emachines Harness set up
1 0 2 3 4
5 X 6 0 7

The original is
1. Red w/ black stripe
2. Solid White
3. Solid Purple
4. Solid Blue
5. Black/White
6. Solid Red
7. Solid Black

>>Current problems<<
1. My audio is somewhat crackly depending on when its used, the quality is not what i imagine it should be though it is onboard so i cant be too picky. (FIXED, IT WAS DUE TO LOW AUDIO SETTING IN BF2 DEMO)
2. My back speaker jack (green) on the back of the mobo doesnt work but the one installed on the top of the case does with headphones or speakers.
3. My rear and top mic in's both work properly (pink)
4. My line in on the back of the mobo works as well (blue)* I only have the one on back
5. I DO have stereo sound.

I know this seems like a huge confusion but what it comes down to is that I cant find a schematic or anything for how to wire this correctly for what I have given.

HUGE THANKS*
if anyone can actually come through for me, hell, even if you read this and dont want to send me a pipe bomb in the mail after reading this

Could it possibly be driver?

if i could see the picture a lil better and be able to make out the words on the "prongs" then i might be able to help. try posting a better quality picture :D

I am not able to post a better pic but i can tell you how they are configured. i numbered them in order. 1 being the far left

This is how the prongs look if there are no wires attached.
0 0 0 0 0 (0 means an empty prong and X means no prong)
0 X 0 0 0
"JAUDIO1"
The cables in the pics say (counter clockwise starting at top left prong in pic )
1. L-OUT, 2. L-RET, 3. R-OUT, 4. R-RET, 5. MIC, 6. GRND
And here is what i have thus far
1 2 3 4 5
0 X 0 0 6
"Number meanings"
1. Purple (left out)
2. Purple (left return)
3. Blue (right out)
4. Blue (right return)
5. Yellow (Mic in)
6. Green (Ground)

that should help you identify what I have to work with