Memorex "Black" Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

dover

Solid State Member
Hi guys, I am new to the boards here and I have a question. Has anyone experiance problems with Memorex "Black CD-R's?" I bought a 10 pack and my work PC and home PC will not recognize the media. The comp here at work is brand new, and I know it works. They are the same as normal CD-R's except the disk itself is black instead of the traditional silerish color...

If you have had this problem, were you able to fix it, or does anyone have any other suggestions???

Thanks,
Ben

I didnt' think there would be a difference. They were just sitting there and I thought I would give them a try, little did I know there would be a problem with them???

Anyone have any suggestions?

-Ben

are they those cds that dont get scratched easily...i remember the first playstation cds were black at the bak n it didnt matter if they got scratched....

I honestly don't think there is a difference. It doesn't say anything on the box about being scratch resistant or any other out of the ordinary "special features???" The package says all the same things as a regular pack (700mb, 80min, 48x)... "RECORDABLE COMPACT DISCS FOR COMPUTER CD WRITERS"

Don't know what else to try, just seeing if anyone else has had the same problem as me. I will try to return them, but I don't think I'll be able to...

Thanks anyway!
Ben

May just be a media conflict. Might try updating any firmware on the drive, but I sincerely doubt youll get results.

Shrapnill said:
May just be a media conflict. Might try updating any firmware on the drive, but I sincerely doubt youll get results.

I think I am OK there, but I will be sure to double check, thanks for the tip!

-Ben

I have used them and have had no problems with them. As for them being harder to scratch, they're just hader to see scratches on ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom