Media Streaming

xMalcom

In Runtime
I'm Looking to purcahse something like an Apple Tv or along those lines from netflix and other stuff. what do you guys reccomentd?

Amazon.com: Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player: Electronics

$35 for one. Can stream lots of services to it from smartphones, tablets, and from the Chrome browser.

I second this.
And if you have an Android phone it only gets better. Google opened up the SDK for it so we're seeing a lot of awesome apps start to come out. I use this one quite often... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dylanp.cast.mycastscreen

As well as Plex. I'm going to buy another Chromecast for my living room TV too :tongue:

I am late to the party on these.. partly b/c I think they are a waste.. but I guess it is a cheaper option of connecting an old pc to your tv. Provided you don't have a spare one laying around... what is it you are missing without Apple TV or Chromecast? can you stream the game apps?

Last edited:
I am late to the party on these.. partly b/c I think they are a waste.. but I guess it is a cheaper option of connecting an old pc to your tv. Provided you don't have a spare one laying around... what is it you are missing without Apple TV or Chromecast? can you stream the game apps?

Well it's much less power hungry than an entire PC to just use something like a Chromecast, which powers off of USB.

It's meant to stream the media apps - not display your screen on the TV (unless you're on PC and choose to the "Cast My Screen" option through Chrome, then it will cast the entire PC's screen to the Chromecast - otherwise you can do individual Chrome tabs).

I Currently use my PS3 but i don't wanna Steram Netlfix all day off of my my PS3. Just wanna game off of it. So i wanna find an Alterantive

I Currently use my PS3 but i don't wanna Steram Netlfix all day off of my my PS3. Just wanna game off of it. So i wanna find an Alterantive

That's exactly what I was doing before I got my Chromecast lol. PS3 was on a lot from streaming Netflix all the time. Got my Chromecast, and now I just use a spare Android device as a dedicated "remote" for it lol.

^ I always thought the same thing. It just makes things easier... It's especially nice for Netflix or Plex if you host your own stuff. I use it almost every night :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom