Media Player playing some mpg Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellhawk

Beta member
I've got two different mpg files that Media Player only plays about half the video without errors.

If you play the video normaly it will not show the other half, and the scroll bar will be at the end.
If you pause the video, scroll to the center it will play the other half.

I would like to play the video from beginning to End.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I'm not really following your here. When you start to play the video, does it start in the middle and play to the end. Then in order to watch the first part you have to manually move the slide bar to the front. Or does it just play from the front and when it hits the center it stops.

While you answer that...

Have you been able to play the video files in another player. Like Real player, quicktime etc. I don't know what version of media player you are running or even what OS you have, but if it isn't the latest one out. An update might help. You simply might need an updated codec to watch those particular clips.

The mpg itself might be damaged. You could try downloading another one. Or email the place you got it from and ask them.

Or it could be the person that encoded it did a crappy job. Might not be your fault at all.

Media player 9 w/ Windows ME

I'm using Media Player 9 with Windows Me. I tried Allplayer last night with the same outcome.

If you play the video from the beginning to the End is one part of the video, but if you scroll to the center you get the second part of the same video.

What codec do you recommand I download And what site do I get them from.

are you having the problem with only those 2 movies? i'm willing to bet they were encoded incorrect or parts of the movies were corrupted while copying/ downloading it. if it is just a bad codec you can go here:

www.moviecodec.com <-- site seems to be down try again later

download there movie analyzer to find out what format the movie was encoded in and download the codec from that site. i think there xVID codec is a bad version though, i've had problems using it. if you need xVID page me an email address and i will send send you a better version.

if the movie is DIVX go to divx.com and download the latest version if you don't have it. some divx movies only play with the offical divx player, at least in some of the movies i've tried.

Im sure the files are corrupted, you can try to play em on another computer and you will have the same problem, if there is a 'divfix' then must exist a mpegfixer tool :)

what ive done is to reencode the first half, just before the error, then the second half right after the error. then use any tool that joins clips, then reencode the final clip. I know its a lot of work. I only do this with very rare clips.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom