Media Player open on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtblckmaro

Solid State Member
Hey guys, hope you can help me out, and bear with me cuz I don't even know how to do a search on this if it's a common problem.
Every time I restart my computer, windows media player starts up. How do I make it stop?
If that's really vague, what info should I post to clarify my problem? I could find nothing in options.
Thanks.

start>run type: msconfig

then click the startup tab...

look for wplayer or something like it... and uncheck it...

Check in the WM preferences or options or something to see if there is any option to have it not run automatically.

go to start, all programs and startup. If its not in that sub-folder I don't know what to do..
Usually msconfig does the trick.
Personally i would just go to controllpanel, add remove programs, remove windows media player, press this link; http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=34682 And install media player 10

aka-demix said:
go to start, all programs and startup. If its not in that sub-folder I don't know what to do..
Usually msconfig does the trick.
Personally i would just go to controllpanel, add remove programs, remove windows media player, press this link; http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=34682 And install media player 10

Did that too.
Not in the startup folder.
When I uninstalled it, on startup it just gave me a pop-up saying there was an internal error or some such nonsense, then I installed Media Player 10 and it comes up on startup now.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Keep 'em comin'

Sounds gay.. Hate programs that starts up when Windows starts.. Maybe you could get a "program" to erase it, I don't have any excperience with this, but if you ask somebody to show you a trustfull and good "erase-program", like Eric B., you could erase it with that and probably not get that message, cause it sounds like you weren't able to erase it completely to get rid of the commando that makes it start on start up.

Oh.. Just thought of something.. You are talking about Windows Media Player right?? That starts automaticly... Not Winamp or the Core Media Player or something..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom