Media help for Traveling - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Technology > Computer Audio and Multimedia
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2018, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Media help for Traveling

First post here - sorry if I'm not in the right subforum - please redict if needed.

Traveling with my family (including 2 kids) in a few weeks. We are heading to areas where Wi-Fi and internet in general may be spotty at best.

I have a fantastic media library of movies and TV shows. But we need to travel light. I'd like my kids to travel with their iPads only. Is there such a thing as a reliable wireless media drive that they can connect to over Wi-Fi and access (and Play!) a bunch of media files? I'm thinking of long plane/train rides. Is this even possible? Can someone point me to hardware and apps that could help with this? Thank you all in advance!