Making WMV file playable in DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humbucker

In Runtime
My wife has made a movie of our son for my Mom's birthday using Windows Movie Maker. She saved it as a WMV file but now we are stumped on how to make it playable in a regular DVD player. We're really new to this stuff so don't know what file format we need to have the data in before it can be playable in a DVD player. Can anyone tell me? And also I'd really appreciate some recommendations on programs(preferably freeware) that can enable us to do this. Many thanks in advance. :)

Thanks Eric, I took a look there but you have to pay for everything there, and the free trials have time limitations and such. Is there anything free out there to do this conversion? We are tearing our hair out now about this, seems it's gonna take a hole in our pockets to do this - we presumed we could do it for free.

Humbucker said:
My wife has made a movie of our son for my Mom's birthday using Windows Movie Maker. She saved it as a WMV file but now we are stumped on how to make it playable in a regular DVD player. We're really new to this stuff so don't know what file format we need to have the data in before it can be playable in a DVD player. Can anyone tell me? And also I'd really appreciate some recommendations on programs(preferably freeware) that can enable us to do this. Many thanks in advance. :)

Under windows, nothing free. Under linux this is easy and free, it takes a handful of apps and a script, all of which are available for free. See the tovid project at sourceforge.net, it uses a few apps that will convert anything to vcd,svcd,or dvd. There are other free software projects at sourceforge, you might find one that works on windows. Some of the apps tovid uses do work under windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom