making a video cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i ve had been trying to make a video cd playable in most common dvd players and so far had no luck
what is the most common format for dvd players? and how do i burn it?
can i just put a file on cd or do i have to convert it to some sort of vcd codec?
right now i have a divx movie and xvid ( both are available for free online so they are not pirated) documentaries

You want to make a .avi file viewable on DVD right? You need a program like Nero Vision to do that. There are some free ones but I can't remember any.

guess this might be more complex for some...but just depending on so many factors...
so let's make it simple...

you want to make a vcd correct?
does your target set top player play vcds?
if so, vcd 1...vcd 2...?
only vcd and not svcd?
does your device play all cd r media? + -
vcd is mpeg 1...

so...part 2 is, the length does matter...as it is less variable than dvd...
taken from wiki for video cd
Video CDs are authored (or "burned") using the Mode 2/XA format, allowing roughly 800 megabytes of VCD data to be stored on one 80 minute CD (versus 700 megabytes when using Mode 1). This, combined with the net bitrate of VCD video and audio, means that almost exactly 80 minutes of VCD content can be stored on an 80 minute CD, 74 minutes of VCD content on a 74 minute CD, and so on. This was done in part to ensure compatibility with existing CD drive technology, specifically the earliest "1 x speed" CD drives.

VCD usually contains the data in .dat or .cue/.bin format...so you would need software that converts the...for example...AVI to mpeg...to .dat or .cue/.bin.

NeroVision.

Find out if you're player plays VCD's first of all.

Also, atomic... there's only 1 type of CD-R, and that's -. There's no CD+R that I've seen.

It doesnt matter if the movie is a hour or 4 hours. As long as the file itself does not go over 700MB the size of a CD. Or 800MB if you have those size CD's.;)

Nero Vision would be the best bet.

try to see if your dvd player will play mini dvd first. it a better format than vcd.
nerovision can do that too.

if I were you I'd go to walmart and get the 50.00 Phillips dvd player. it will read it in it's divx format, so you can burn it as a data dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom