Making an ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.

shad0wDeath

Solid State Member
I have a folder of about 200 files on my hdd that I want to make into an ISO. How do I go about doing this? I have nero, alcohol 120%, isoBuster, ... and can't figure it out.

ISO's are CD images. I've never hared of anyone turning multiple files into a single ISO. I suppose you could burn all the files onto a CD and then creating an image of the CD :confused:.

Well like if you made a linux distro do you burn it to a cd, then make it an image? Ahh, I think I might understand now..

ISO is an image of something. sounds like you are wanting to compress or archive. if you want to make an archive use winACE , winRAR, or ZIP. they have variable compression and password protection.

well, using WinISO, you add files to the program and it creates an ISO file which you can burn on a CD but I don't see why you would do that...

A finalized cd is by default an ISO, a copy of the cd is then an ISO image. The cd can have one file or one thousand (or more) it makes no difference. You can have as many .exes as you want is still doesn't matter.

Burn and finalise a simple DATA cd with nero and then open the cd with ISObuster.....it'll be an ISO (oooohhh magic).

ISO Images are replica CD's containing within their 'wrappers' a CDFS using all the available space wether used or not (you didn't think all software cd's contained files/.exes of exactly 650 or 700mb did you?). ISO Images are NOT readable by Windows.....they need third party software to read them. The difference between the files extracted onto a HD by Windows is that it is no longer 'runable' (in the sense of a cd) and will have lost any 'sub channel data'.

I doubt your going to use any sub channel data for security on your cd are you?

Maybe want you really want is an autorun file for your cd and a pic/splash screen?

ISO's are that simple there hard to get your head round initially (if you know what I mean).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom