Low volume problems. Can you help me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi everyone!

I am presently having some trouble with low volume when I try to play my recorded digital TV movies that recorded by pulling in a digital signal with a normal TB antenna.

The volume is so low I can barely hear it. When I record or listen to analog programs, the volume is much better.

When I play a normal DVD, the volume is also low.

I am using the sound card from my MB.

I did buy a 30 watt speaker system [Logitech], but the volume was still so low I returned it to Fry's.

Can anyone give me any ideas on how to increase the volume of my system?

I have a cable that goes from my MB sound card to my Image Quest L70S Monitor. The speakers are inside the monitor.

Some times the sound is great, but at other times it is barely audible. I often use a headset but even then, I have difficulty hearing.

Please help me with some workable ideas if you can.

Thanks,

Freddy

Windows as well as the software for the sound card has a volume control of it's own. You will also find a mixer there in the advanced options as well as for the sound card. Most media players also have their own volume control.

Windows as well as the software for the sound card has a volume control of it's own. You will also find a mixer there in the advanced options as well as for the sound card. Most media players also have their own volume control.

eye,

Thanks for your advice. Yes, I have monitored each of the areas you have mentioned and each is turned up to the maximum allowance.

Is there anything else I can do?

Hard of Hearing Freddy

Hmm. Im not to sure, that sounds odd. Make sure your settings are 'monitor stereo speakers' or stereo speakers. If its another setting this could and does alter sound volume sometimes.

Good luck.

Another thing that will play a role is premade disks will have their own signal strength for both audio and video being commercially pressed. For analog you are usually recording files above those sounds levels explaining why the playback volume is found higher.

For those that rent movies on dvds they know all too well that a tv usually has to be turned up quite a bit louder then live signal coming from any channel on cable, satelite, or simply over the airwaves. That's the disadvantage at times with digital over analog media where you have to crank things up a little while both audio and video playback are far cleaner.

Another thing that will play a role is premade disks will have their own signal strength for both audio and video being commercially pressed. For analog you are usually recording files above those sounds levels explaining why the playback volume is found higher.

For those that rent movies on dvds they know all too well that a tv usually has to be turned up quite a bit louder then live signal coming from any channel on cable, satelite, or simply over the airwaves. That's the disadvantage at times with digital over analog media where you have to crank things up a little while both audio and video playback are far cleaner.

EyeCPC,

Thank you. What you said sure makes sense. I will wait for a good deal on a nice set of speakers.

Have a nice day!

Freddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom