lost info on CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohigirl67

Solid State Member
I'm not sure if I'm under the right topic....

I added new jpg files to a CD that I already had jpgs on. I have add files before no problem. This time I did use a different program, CDBuner XP..which I haven't had a problem with.

However this time when I finished I went to view my files on the disc and the only thing there were the new ones I burned. This is not a CD-RW. So how did it erase my files...I see the lines for the burn on my CD. How do I recover these pictures? This cd is like my photo album and they are important to me.

Thank you for your help!

When adding files to any disk once one program is used the same has to be used again since another program will have it's own coding and method for writing. The CDBurner XP program apparently overcame the original project information provided by the first used when placing it's own on the disk.

You may be able to read and copy files off of the disk while using a 3rd party type of explorer like Explorer XP or perhaps while booted into a Linux distro. But you also have to consider those lost if you can't find a 3rd party viewer to get past the second program's session information added to the disk.

go back to the original program to see if it will recognize it or try a udf reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom