lose sound after sleep mode

strand48

Beta member
Sound works great in my quad-core Win 7 system until I bring it back from sleep mode at least I think thats whats happening. Installed new drivers a week ago and ever since have had trouble ever since. Have uninstalled the drivers and let start up take care of it. And it does work until I return to the computer later when I then need to restart to get sound back. Once I left Pandora play for hours, and the monitor screen slept. But once I turned it off and unit was in sleep everything came back with a mouse movement except the sound, which needs a reboot to functiion. Device System shows under speakers..Realtec HD Audio and a Realtec Digital Output with Realtec HD Audio under that. Have no separate sound card but using the MSI motherboard sound.

This may help explain whats happening with my sound to someone knowledgeable. After reboot to get sound back I have a notepad file on the desktop titled "Default ignored" then has a very long alphabatized list of things (services,apps,numbers and letters, etc.) Never seen this before. Deleted it but it comes back.

Please try a windows repair. Also completely wipe your sound drivers using a utility called driversweeper to aid in that.

Here's how:

(Please note: You must reboot in between these presented steps)

Uninstall using proper uninstallers in "programs and features" or use the .exe file provided by the manufacturer.

Then use driversweeper to completely remove the remnants of the drivers.

then re-install your drivers using the latest .exe file from the manufacturer's site.

HTH!

Back
Top Bottom