Looking for a video card with one purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatboy444

Beta member
So, next year, me and my friends are planning on having a networked computer that we can stream all of our movies to. I am wondering what type of video card will provide the best playback when hooked up to a TV. We will not be using this computer for anything except for streaming movies and music to our TV/Stereo. Which video card would you guys recommend? Also, will the audio card make a difference when hooked up to our receiver? And if so, which ones would you recommend? Thanks for your help!

Go cheap, an old ATI9000 (non pro) or even a FX5200 give excellent TV-out pictures (and use same TV=out hardware as their more expensive cousins).

How are you connecting your audio to your reciever?...and which end is decoding?

I just want to play mp3's through my home receiver. So I know that I could get an optical out sound card, but will it really make that big of a difference? Will there be that big of a jump in quality if I just use my computers line out and use an adapter to plug it into the receiver via a/v cables? It's going to be a relatively high end receiver if that makes any difference.

If your playing high quality Mp3s it will make a difference, especially with a high end reciever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom