Looking For Text To Speech Software>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXERS

Solid State Member
Can any one give me a heads up on a good text to speech software. I'm looking for something that will read web pages for me, any ideas???

THX FOR THE SUGGESTION !!!!

I'm also checking out ReadPlease , Halreader, and Speakonia. My only issue is that they sound very robotic. i can understand them bu the are a little difficult in comprehension. I'm attempting to have the computer lecture to me the contents of my online course in real estate. Wish me luck...... If do you think it's an issue with my sound card, if i usd a better sound card can i get a more human sounding speech pattern.??

No. The problem is not with the sound card.
Most voice-to-text programs have a robot-like voice.
I don't know much about them but I remeber I had a program called Text Aloud MP3. The voices where robot-like but I remeber that there was available for purchase almost human like sounds (the robot like are free but the human like are not)
If you are interested, you can buy such voices and I think you can find more than 1 program that offers them

Good Luck!!

I think the true problem lies not really in the fact that it SOUNDS like a robot, but that it talks like a mindless drone. It doesn't understand the sentence structure, tone, tempo, the point of the sentence, it doesn't know where to put emphasis, etc. That is what makes comprehension difficult.

It would have to be a very sophisticated program that could accurately provide these functions.

Try Via-Voice(IBM), great software! Alot better than any other text-to-voice. Or Alienspeech(freeware), voice adjustments and all...

Hmm, I suggest you use the old-fashioned way of doing it: manually. Most of the programs out there are simply cheesy. I agree with grego because the way we elucidate ourselves is unclear to the program. It's really hard for the programmer to code something that would recognize those details listed above. I'd suggest doing it manually so it's done the way you want it done.

Yeah, I'm begining to agree with you guys, I guess i do have to jsut read the dang thing...you'd think since there's the technology that can split sound in to 7.1 differnt channels and let me hear the difference in the sound between a 45 caliber bullet and a 38 caliber. You'd think some body would be able to engenieer a decent speaking voice. hell even a drunken speaking voice... I had better not ask for that too much, other wise it will come true, and them people will stop learning how to read... like i'm trying to do LOL !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom