Looking for some software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codedkiller626

Beta member
Hi guys, just registered on these forums because I'm looking for a few pieces of software as I'm making my audio-visual and network in my house.

First off, I have a collection of about 1000 movies, in high def and standard def, and would like to have it organised. By that I mean I would like to find a program that can take my movies in their formats (stored in separate appropriatly-named folders for each avi or mkv file), find IMDB info on the movie (cover, actors, synopsis), and display it in some form of a HTPC/CoverFlow/MediaCenter/XBMC kinda way. I want to be able to flip through movie covers instead of folders^^. Is there anything out there that can do that?

Second of all, I use Input Director, which is something similar to Multiplicity. It allows me to use one mouse and keyboead to control two networked computers. I put my laptop next to my desktop screen and they act as one double screened computer, with even copy/paste working from one computer to the other. Is there any way to broadcast sound over said network? By that I mean I need to emulate a "network sound card" on my laptop, so all sounds on the laptop are received and played on the desktop.

Finally, and this might also be a hardware question, but is there any combination of hardware/software that can make windows receive a Full 1080p HMDI signal. By that I mean I want to plug my Xbox360 through my computer and have windows manage the signal.

My specs:

C2D E8400 on Gigabyte EP43-DS3 oc'ed to 3.6 Ghz
4 Gb of DDRII-800
Radeon 3850 with 512 MB of GDDR3

Thank you to anyone who can help me on this, I'd be very grateful.
Cordially,
Killer626

Finally, and this might also be a hardware question, but is there any combination of hardware/software that can make windows receive a Full 1080p HMDI signal. By that I mean I want to plug my Xbox360 through my computer and have windows manage the signal.

You would need a capture card with an HDMI slot, capable of 1080p. Though I think they're mighty expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom