Looking for a program for audio splicing....can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenwood0001

Beta member
First of all, I would like to apologize to everyone who may be looking at this and saying wtf? This is my first time posting in a forum personally and I'm not quite sure where this would fit and I'm sure I will forget some stupid detail that will make it virtually impossible to answer without knowing it, so please, don't hesitate to ask. I'm not computer illiterate, or computer literate as far as I have compared myself to my peers....I'm in the world of the unknown.

Now, onto the question. I have recently been working on some pet projects of mine, one of which is making some of my audio files a bit more....manageable might be the best way to put it. I know it must be possible, but I don't know how. My biggest problem are my beloved audio books obtained at no small price (yes, I pay for them for all the people pointing to limewire and microtorrent and the like :p). They are unruly for my MP3 player and me being the lazy sod that I am don't want to change from random to regular. (Yes, we are getting to the question...my boyfriend hates this too :sigh:, sorry, it's just the way I am. :D)

Point being I want some way to splice them into one file that will keep the megabytes down, won't take a rocket scientist to use, and preferably doesn't cost much of anything. I tried Audacity, recommended by my boyfriend, but it nearly tripled my megabytes and was a bit annoying to move the sometimes 20 to 50 tracks into the proper order.

I'm not sure what all you need to know beyond that, sorry if I put anyone to sleep or annoyed anyone with the way I go "ON AND ON AND ON."

audacity, nero, adobe audition, etc.

by default the convert file to wav so you don't lose quality as compress an already compress format will make you lose quality. however that's not such a big deal with speech.

in audacity export the finish project as mp3 (128 kbps or smaller). you need to download the lame encoder .dll and add it to audacity

Audacity: How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom