Looking for a decent headset w/ mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

james.wired

Equator Gringo
I'm ready to buy my first headset for gaming, but options are limited as always down here. I was looking at these:

Newegg.com - Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB Supra-aural Headset

They are $36.20 at the local PC shop. Not sure what to get really, I am not an audiophile per say, but I would like quality sound and a mic that is clear. Here is the whole selection I have to choose from the local PC shop:

Yoytec Computer

The Logitech G35 looks really nice but is it REALLY worth that kind of money? If anyone has any experiences with headsets on that list I would really appreciate any input! Thanks in advance.

I wouldnt get the G35's. I have owned a couple of "surround sound" headsets and both have died within 6 months. And you can't (or at least I can't) tell much of a difference between a quality stereo headset and a "surround sound" headset.

The thing most important to me with headsets (aside for audio quality, that is) is comfort. I only buy headphones that won't make my ears throb after hours of gaming.

Yeah that is also a major concern with me. So many reviews I read on the Logitech Clearchat set stated that after about an hour they get uncomfortable. Do you have experience with the G35?

nope i do not, the 5.1 headsets ive owned have been triton ax360's and triton ax51's

I have one of these that i no longer use. if you want them you are welcome to have them

That is a nice gesture Burn, seriously. And I would take you up on that offer if I lived in the states but the reality is the cost of shipping it here would surpass the cost to buy it in the store. Kind of lame but that is what it is...again, thanks for the offer I really appreciate it!

Still looking for some other input but leaning towards the G35's...they do look pretty comfortable, the only thing is I have read more than a few reviews about how the sound is just not great, and the volume level is low. Not even sure if that makes sense, or if it even makes sense to listen to these reviews because some people are just stupid when they right these them..

Ah I you being in panama slipped my mind... that is too bad.

I'd look into the razer sets. I've heard good things about em.

edit: just calculated postage from the US to Panama, it'll be around $10 but it will be about a week and a half to get to you. I'd be willing to split the shipping with you if you'd like. Your choice, the offer still stands. :) may not be your kind of set though, it doesnt really cancel out ambient noise.. at all.. and can get semi uncomfortable for long gaming sessions.

I think I will get the G35's because they look really comfortable and I like to try and have as little ambient noise as possible (unless anyone has other input), but thanks again for your offer Burn, really!!

edit: And I don't want to take them from you just because you are offering either. If someone else needs them, they probably do more than me ;)

Meh, the g35's ear cups look like the are made from a syntentic plastic.. and in my experience that stuff tends to stick to my head. I prefer velvet material :) I don't know much about the g35's though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom