Looking for - Audio Recording Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Runtime
Well this may sound a little weird but I read a comment somewhere on the net once about a certain audio recording program. What was 'special' about this program is it would basically record whatever was played out your speakers, a bit like if you set up a microphone in front of the speaker, but you don't get all the background noise.
I need a program that does this to rip some audio from a dvd menu as I don't know of any other way. Does anyone know of a program that does this?

I just run a DVD player's audio out to my mixing board and capture it in real time rather than ripping it. If you want to record just clips of audio on a DVD, this is probably the most effective way of doing it - unless you want to grab a whole chapter's audio. To me, that was a real pain since it used unnecessary drive space. Now ripping tunes from a CD? Windows Media Player can make wma files for you, and Audiograbber can rip wav files for you. Actually, any audio program can do all that for you.

If you have a podcasting kit (microphone, mixer and software - checkout Broadcast Supply Worldwide for some cool deals if you need to), just make a regular DVD player your audio source, and keep the video connected to your TV.

You have to have a soundcard that supports "What U Hear"

You just select this as the recording input in the windows audio properties instead of the microphone.

for dvd to mp3 ripping. win dvd copy, ac-3 decode and dvd audio ripping will do it.

Crysalis is right for ripping what you hear

kfc469 said:
^^^^^

you can just select "Stero Mix" before you hit the record button and whatever comes out of the speakers gets recorded. And, its free and will export to mp3 or wav

you can do this with windows sound recorder too.

yeah, but windows sound recorder only lets you go to 60 seconds then you have to stop and extend it, unless theres something I don't know

Thanks everyone who replied. I actually already had Audacity but never realised it could be used like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom