Looking for 22"+ flat panel with Brightview, Xbrite, Truebrite, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ml1209

Solid State Member
I am looking for a LCD monitor that is at least 22", 24" good too, that is HDCP compliant. Those aren't hard to find, but I'm also looking for ones with that glossy finish like the displays on notebooks nowadays. Various companies call them by different names (see topic title); I have a HP w19b (19" widescreen) that has it, and HP calls it Brightview.

Any recommendations?

First off, skip 22inch panels, There bad quality.

Personaly i would chose a 21inch, as they are of superior quality, as of an actual recomendation, i cant help. Sorry.

K M A N said:
First off, skip 22inch panels, There bad quality.

Personaly i would chose a 21inch, as they are of superior quality, as of an actual recomendation, i cant help. Sorry.

Why are the 22" bad quality?

Yes, Simply put theres lights at the top,bottom and all corners of LCD screens. The 22" panels are cheep to make, so on dark images you can see the screen ''Bleed'' which is light from the reer of the screen over the image, the 22" LCD panels also suffer from noise.

21" Screens are slightly more expensive, but are certainly of better quality (In general). Im not sure if it has all the features you want, but ive been looking at 20-24 inch screens for the past few months now, and i finally chose this one because it looks nice, and the image (of course) looks even better :).

> http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=339005&pfp=BROWSE <

Trust me !, from personal use (and the 5 out of 5 on the website) I can ensure you that the image quality on this monitor is fantastic.

K M A N said:
Yes, Simply put theres lights at the top,bottom and all corners of LCD screens. The 22" panels are cheep to make, so on dark images you can see the screen ''Bleed'' which is light from the reer of the screen over the image, the 22" LCD panels also suffer from noise.

21" Screens are slightly more expensive, but are certainly of better quality (In general). Im not sure if it has all the features you want, but ive been looking at 20-24 inch screens for the past few months now, and i finally chose this one because it looks nice, and the image (of course) looks even better :).

> http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=339005&pfp=BROWSE <

Trust me !, from personal use (and the 5 out of 5 on the website) I can ensure you that the image quality on this monitor is fantastic.

Okay, thanks for the info.

I'm pretty satisfied with my 19" LCD monitor so far, so my next upgrade will probably be the new Gateway 24" flat panel.

If you want i could check it out for you, just post a link and i'll have a look. But if there 21" is anything to go by, im sure it'll be great.

And as for the info, No problem im glad to help.

K M A N said:
If you want i could check it out for you, just post a link and i'll have a look. But if there 21" is anything to go by, im sure it'll be great.

And as for the info, No problem im glad to help.

It's this one.

http://www.gateway.com/accessories/product/1540522R.php?seg=hm

Features:

1080p high-definition support with HDCP
1920 x 1200 widescreen high-definition resolution
1000:1 contrast ratio
6ms response time
EzTune™ Software
Height-adjustable stand
4 USB 2.0 ports
178° viewing angle
1-year limited warranty¹

yep thats a good monitor to get :). If your using it for gaming it will be good, genrally you should stick to monitors with a response time of less than 16MS, in this monitor its 6ms, so no game ghosting should be apperent. Its a high contrast ratio and a high resolution. And best of all the LCD panel in it is one of the best around.

Have fun with it :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom