Logitech Z-5500 - Logitech Z-5450

Status
Not open for further replies.

T88SupraStyle

In Runtime
Hello, i blew my cheap little 5 watt General Electric Speakers about a month ago, and i was looking at speakers online (Ebay,Newegg,Bestbuy,Circuit City) i really wanted surround sound this time, something that would last.

and i came across the Logitech Z-5500 and i thought they were perfect for my compaq Presario.

I wanted to know if those are great speakers to have and if they really are 505Watts.
and if i do buy them should i get them used from ebay or buy them new from a retailer?

Thanks a bunch.

Those are fine, my old roomate had them when they came out.. Honestly, I have the 5300e and I dont notice a difference except that he has a remote (may have lost it tho) and a nicer control panel that everythign plugs into.. but depending on your room size, you WONT need that much, I rarely turn mine up more than 3/4.

so, if you want to spend twice the amount for double the watts... ok

Yes i can afford it, it'll take me about 2 weeks to come up with the money but i think i can handle it...

Do any of you guys think i should buy them used from ebay or new from newegg, amazon, or circuit city.

Thanks a bunch.

2 weeks is no problem, save up plz. i made the mistake of buying the x-530 when i really shoulda bought the 5300e which really isnt that much more in theory.

T88SupraStyle said:
Yes i can afford it, it'll take me about 2 weeks to come up with the money but i think i can handle it...

Do any of you guys think i should buy them used from ebay or new from newegg, amazon, or circuit city.

Thanks a bunch.
compare prices.

newegg has good deals, but on speaker sets (especially the 5500) there is high shipping ($30-$40). mainly because they are heavy.

i can tell you though i trust newegg and amazon for online shopping.

if money isn't a problem (which it seems it isn't) get them. i've heard crazy things about that set.

I bought some Logitech z230's(2.1) a few weeks ago to replace my inbuilt moniter speakers and im very impressed with them, you seem to get so much sound from 2 small speakers and the sub, dont get me started, it could make your ears bleed on full whack! seriously, i have the sub volume only slightly turned up from the off position and thats fine for music and games, it sounds better than my hi-fi so i just use the pc for all my music now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom