Logitech Z-5300e...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run a 5 hertz sine wave through my Z-2300's and heard the diaphragm moving. O_O

djg320 said:
I've run a 5 hertz sine wave through my Z-2300's and heard the diaphragm moving. O_O
This is a limitation of your source (whatever sound card you are using). Once it hits the lowest freq. that it can produce it hits a cement floor and won't go lower.

003 said:
No, that means the sound is actually being produced. If the logitech subs could do that their speakers would cost a LOT more than they do. What I am talking about is when it gets to a point where it seems they won't go any lower, and if you try to push it, you will just hear a badly distorted sound with the diaphragm violently rattling against the sides of the enclosure. If you listen to that at a low volume, it simply won't be produced (it is rolled off), and when you turn it up, it starts to make a distorted sound and rattle (still rolled off, and now distorting).

... how does the diaphram hit the sides of the enclosure? then you just have some odd shaped shitty enclosure for your sub

lol logitech subs can produce that artard so can many subs just logitech cant produce it in a massive amount, but it is somewhat decent FOR WHAT IT IS. obviously no one is gonna walk into a car audio competetion with a z-5500 in is car plugged into the wall outlet but for a computer speaker system its **** good at what its meant for.

i cant believe people are believing this crap some of its true ill give you that but most of it is just your opinion... and your sig and avatar name thing give your cockiness away sheesh

the spider is attached to the diaphram tho... is he talking about the voice coil where it hits the magnet or "bottoms out" if you play it too loud? i dont see a way how the diaphram can hit the basket... its just impossible unless you cut the surround or something

DarkMortar said:
i always seem to trigger a little argument

you bastart! jk man lol but back to your think i honestly think youd love the z-5500 more than the z-5300e. the z-5300e only has a 6.5in sub like you said and is only 100watts rms if i remember correctly and the enclosure is not that big. the z-5500 is 188watts rms and has a 10in subwoofer and a fairly big enclosure it will def make you happier... unless you want something now then i guess go for the z-5300 otherwise id save a little money and get the z-5500

der id love it more than 5300e.

apparently you are used to dual 15in subs (THAT IS A LOT), in your car. Well heh, I am not used to very much, i have known that logitech subs have always seemed good for whatever their size was. I do not need to volume of the 5500, that is too much for my room and my desk would fall into a million peices and all my picture frames would fall and break, and then id be in trouble hehe. i am after more of 'bass response' and deep bass, at nice volumes, yet nothing deadly, but deadly enough if i push it, and i think the 5300e has more than enough power for my expectations, i like the x530, bt its just not deep enough or enough response as i want and high volumes mean flabby bass or whatever, but pretty nice.

the x530 sub is 5.25in woofer the 5300 is a 6.5in woofer but the z-5500 is a 10in subwoofer but how much are you spending on a the z5300e?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom