Logitech Z-2300 is putting it on max volume on the sub bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
My friend told me that putting the volume up all the way from the speakers, specifically the sub, that it will mess up the speakers. I need to confirm this as I'm not an expert when it comes to audio..

Yes, it most likely will. The Z2300 sub, as subs go, is a cheep sub. As are all logitech subs. Yet they play very loud, i'm not sure what Z2300's max volume is but from having the Z5500's i know they were painfully loud at maximum volume, and on bassy music it musn't do the sub a lot of good.

Sorry mate, go buy a expensive subwoofer and then you won't have to worry so much :p

I would wait for EricB to confirm an answer for your question though.

Distortion = bad. If you are hearing distortion of any kind, it's too loud.

If you are even questioning that its bad for it, you probably need to turn it down.

I wouldn't advise running the sub all the way up on most music. The best way to tell if you are pushing it too hard is just using your ears. You will easily hear the sub bottom out if you run it too loud. However, using a good sound card like an X-Fi Xtrememusic and playing high quality music through it will makes things louder and clearer and reduce distortion, which is bad for speakers.

ive been runing my z4is up for over 2 years now and there fine i always have my sub at max, but i can say it is very rare i have my set up past 3/4rds of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom