Logitech VX Revolution + Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeAudio = $80.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are nothing but a pompous defensive jerk.
ah, name calling, I used to do that back in the 4th grade.

you are too retarded to even go and check back. that was your 4th post, dumba_ss.
Here you go with your reading and comprehension problem again.

If you could read and comprehend, you would see the colon at the end of my sentence, which indicates that proof, clarification or explanation is to follow. What followed was my statement of why I wanted to replace my onboard sound, this was the very first reply I made in this thread. Let me repeat, THIS WAS THE VERY FIRST REPLY I MADE IN THIS THREAD!!!!

So if I stated my reason for wanting to upgrade, and what I expected from said upgrade, why do you insist on ignoring that? Why is the minor inconvenience I stated I was having with my onboard audio in my 4th post in this thread, trump my wants and needs as stated in my very first reply?

you were contradicting everything that crysalis was saying when he was giving you the best advice. now if he or me (I would have helped, but you were being a jerk) had knew in advance that your system was broke, we could have gave our recommendations from there.
Contradict - to assert the contrary or opposite of

There was no contradiction going on, how could I do so when I have no experience with either of the two cards mentioned in this thread. The closest that comes to a contradiction was when he said I'd want to expand and I assured him I wouldn't.

The BEST advice can be given when the giver of said advice knows the wants and needs of the person to whom it is given. He never once questioned my wants or needs.

My audio wasn't "broke", it was intermittently malfunctioning. And even so, it was a minor inconvenience and not my main reason for wanting to upgrade because even without the inconvenience, the audio still sounded like crap. That is/was my MAIN reason for wanting to upgrade, to make it sound better, alleviating the intermittent problem was simply a bonus.

despite what you think, just from the way you were talking, regular working onboard audio was fine for you
And you came to that conclusion based on my very first reply in this thread where I said I wanted something that sounded better than onboard, right? What a clown!

you weren't upgrading for the right reasons like everybody else. everybody else will upgrade to a sound card because they want better sound.
Wow, upgrading for better sound, that sounds alot like what I said I wanted when I posted:

I just want a noticeable improvement over onboard audio, that's my only want/need. I don't need/want studio quality......just something that sounds better than what I currently have and won't break the bank.
THIS WAS MY FIRST REPLY IN THIS THREAD!!!!

you wanted to upgrade because your audio system was broke.
First you say that I admitted that I shouldn't replace my existing sound card, now you're telling me why I wanted to upgrade? Comedy! I tell you why I want to upgrade, not the other way around. And for that reason you can refer to my VERY FIRST REPLY IN THIS THREAD.

crysalis gave you advice on the pretense that you wanted better audio sound because you didn't bother to mentioned the broken audio part until your fourth post and it was only mentioned then because I made a smart alec comment. we don't read minds so we could not have known that you were replacing a broke system.
There was a reason I didn't bother to "mentioned" the minor inconvenience I was having with the existing audio until my 4th post, BECAUSE IT WAS MINOR!!! It was not a major concern of mine and the only reason I even brought it up is because of your smart alec comment, so had you kept your mouth shut it would have never even come up as it was not nearly as much of a concern as the lack of sound quality AS MENTIONED IN MY FIRST REPLY IN THIS THREAD!!!

Can you see the pattern here?

I see that you are 1 Stupid MF who is trying to justify being right when you are not

this is your 1st post

Is this a good deal?

this is your 2nd and 3rd post with you contradicting crysalis

Aren't you an audio engineer? That being said, your tolerances are likely to be far higher than mine. I just want a noticeable improvement over onboard audio, that's my only want/need. I don't need/want studio quality/audio engineer approved audio signal, just something that sounds better than what I currently have and won't break the bank.

I wasn't able to find the X-Fi XtremeMusic card for less than $80, it's not even listed for sale on the Creative website which tells me it's no longer available. I'm sure the XtremeAudio will suit me just fine

LOL.

I don't see myself wanting to expand.........if this were my main source of audio/video at home then I absolutely would go for the higher end stuff, but it's not, it's just my daily email checking/internet surfing/music listening machine. When I am ready to so some serious listening I go to the home stereo system.

now here is your 4th post when you actually mention the reason why you are replacing the sound card. now this would not have turn into a flame war if you would have mentioned it earlier. note that You didn't mention it in your first post like you keep claiming to

Actually, I do need to replace my onboard sound. Mine currently has some volume fluctuation as well as intermittently making me crank the volume all the way up before any sound comes out of my speakers. Once the sound comes on then I can turn it down like normal, only then sometimes it'll cut out.

I love crysalis' advice, matter of fact, the advice he gave is what cemented my decision, he said "it's good" and "mainly to replace onboard sound", which is all i'm looking for, a good replacement for my onboard sound.

Go try to stir up the post elsewhere kid.

again this senseless war wouldn't happen if you were clear from the beginning

Here you go with your reading and comprehension problem again.

You are the one the with the reading and comprehension problem obviously.

If you could read and comprehend, you would see the colon at the end of my sentence, which indicates that proof, clarification or explanation is to follow. What followed was my statement of why I wanted to replace my onboard sound, this was the very first reply I made in this thread. Let me repeat, THIS WAS THE VERY FIRST REPLY I MADE IN THIS THREAD!!!!

I think I just posted proof to that lie.

Contradict - to assert the contrary or opposite of

There was no contradiction going on, how could I do so when I have no experience with either of the two cards mentioned in this thread. The closest that comes to a contradiction was when he said I'd want to expand and I assured him I wouldn't.

My audio wasn't "broke", it was intermittently malfunctioning.

you just contradicted yourself bub. guess what malfunctioning mean? broke or not working. read the definition again

Can you see the pattern here?

I obviously see it. you are a confused lost soul who is trying to justify yourself in your own mind

do a search through this forum. there are a lot of posts asking people to be clear and post as much detail as possible so that their problems will get solved and stupid wars like this is avoided. you weren't clear and you didn't add any detail until later, despite what you think

Mods it's time to lock this thread. I have better things to do than argue with the energizer bunny.

mods dont pay attention to this section... no body knows audio let alone cares much about it. So... ya

To sum this thread: I know nothing... eric, you're an imbecile and... screw the x-fi.

Yea... w00t w00t

I see that you are 1 Stupid MF who is trying to justify being right when you are not
I find it funny that you're arguing with me about what my reason is for upgrading, as if you know better than I do. LOL. I'm beginning to think that you can't see my FIRST REPLY in this thread where I clearly state why i'm upgrading. Either that or you're just afraid to look at it for fear of realizing that you're as wrong as wrong can be.

now here is your 4th post when you actually mention the reason why you are replacing the sound card.
ROFL. Yeah, you're right, I made absolutely no statement about why I wanted to upgrade and what I wanted from said upgrade in my FIRST REPLY in this thread.

note that You didn't mention it in your first post like you keep claiming to
Comprehension owns you!!! Guy, what I keep saying is "FIRST REPLY." Since you don't know what a reply is, let me draw it out for you. A reply is an answer or response in words or writing. Since I am the thread starter, my first POST is not my first REPLY since it is neither answering nor responding to anything or anyone. My first REPLY would be the third post in this thread, in which I am responding to Crysalis' post. Now that I have explained to you what most of us learned early in elementary school, hopefully you can begin to understand.

again this senseless war wouldn't happen if you were clear from the beginning
Can't get anymore clear than what I said in my FIRST REPLY in this thread. You can argue with me about what my reason is for wanting to upgrade until you're blue in the face, but that's not gonna change what my reason was, which can be found in my FIRST REPLY in this thread.

I think I just posted proof to that lie.
I know I just posted proof of your ignorance and overwhelming lack of english comprehension, which is very evident by your thinking my first POST was my first REPLY. LOL.

you just contradicted yourself bub. guess what malfunctioning mean? broke or not working. read the definition again
guess what intermittent means? It means happening at irregular intervals in time. And while i'm at it, malfunctioning doesn't mean "broke" or not working, it means abnormal functioning. Which was the case with my onboard audio at irregular intervals, the problems never were that it didn't work, or was broken, rather that it was not working properly(or functioning abnormally) every now and then.

you weren't clear and you didn't add any detail until later, despite what you think
If by later you mean my FIRST REPLY in this thread, then you are correct.

I have better things to do than argue with the energizer bunny.
You'd be better served by no longer arguing with me, especially when you consider that you're arguing about what my reason is for wanting to upgrade my onboard audio. It gets no more ignorant than that.

alright ladies... i think its time to calm down now. I'm not siding. I know where I stand.

RKF got the X-fi audio despite my advice. So be it. If there is a thread in the future about it, I will simply blow it off. No big deal. I would say the only people who actually listen to my advice is about 95% of the members on ToV. You can ask almost each and every one of them that I do know what I'm talking about. There are 3-4 that have actually gone strictly off my advice for a purchase and are completely happy and amazed at what good equipment sounds like.

As for this thread, it ended after RKF completely went against my advice and got the x-fi audio. From then on, this thread went to pot. I'm not mad about my advice not being taken, nor am I trying to be hot-headed... I'm just saying thats where the thread should have died. Asked for advice, got it, ignored it, discussion over. Its like takin your GF out to get a nice dress and her asking if she looks fat in two different dresses. You tell her which one she looks fat in and she buys that one. What now? Nothing. Discussion over. She looks fat.

I'm fine with people not following my advice - heck get second opinions... i'm all about that. Just dont starting flaming and wars about it.

End!

I quit too. he keeps mumbling the same nonsense over and over, again and again...........

If It will make you stfu rkf76, then you win. you obviously can't comprehend your own mumble. I'm through explaining it to you

to everybody else here, I apologize.

I actually shouldn't made the smart alec comment in the first place, but I get tired of people coming on here asking for advice, then when you give it to them, they don't appreciate it, especially if it isn't something that they want to hear.

rkf76 will never understand that he has either a dirty potentiometer (or pot) in his speaker (this can be fixed with a can of compressed air or contact cleaner) or a broke sound card. he doesn't understand that even if it does it just once a week, that the card is still broke as a working onboard sound card will never ever have this problem.

I spent a few posts early on trying to explain it to him in a friendly manner the reason I even made the comment, but he is so defensive and obviously have a problem with tunnel vision that he somehow thought that I was attacking him, which I did do eventually after he kept posting BS responses. I'm a defensive person too, but I only attack when I'm attacked. I wouldn't attack a person trying to make up.

the main reason I was trying to be civil was after reading his 4th post (which was his his 3rd reply, not his first like he keeps claiming) I actually understood his reasoning for his second and third posts. I was trying to fix the the bad situation that I started, but rkf76 wasn't having it. he is so stuck on being right that he couldn't even figure out that I was trying to mend the fence.

rkf76 will never understand that if he would have put that most relevant info in his first post or his first reply we would have approach the whole subject differently

rkf76 will never check the other posts in this audio section and realize that me and crysalis has helped thousand of people on this very subject plus many more audio related subject

rkf76 will never know that I get ton of pm's (private messages) of people asking me should I buy this product and should I buy that product. I then give them my advice (my opinion). if the product is BS, I will tell them in an instant

I once showed my good friend newcent05 how to tell cheap BS amps from the real deal one. some companies think RMS rating mean WLS (when lightning strikes) current draw is the key for that (you can't have a 3000 watt amp with 2 30 amp fuses on the side of it). he was appreciative as were the other hundred or so posters that I gave audio advice

so you win rkf76, I don't really care anymore.

to everybody I will continue to give my advice and opinion even though posters like rkf76, they make me not want to help people.

I actually shouldn't made the smart alec comment in the first place, but I get tired of people coming on here asking for advice, then when you give it to them, they don't appreciate it.
I think the whole reason sites like this exist and are so populated is because it gives people a chance to do research and get many people's opinion on things. It's no fault of mine that you have some sort of syndrome that causes you to get agitated when someone doesn't take your godly advice, or the advice of anyone else offering it. I, like many other people who come here, am not asking anyone to make a decision for me. Because one person gives his or her opinion does not make it gospel, especially when the points being made are of no concern to the person asking for the advice. I'm sorry you took offense to me EXPLAINING to Crysalis that expansion was not a concern of mine so should not be a consideration. He had earlier stated that "it's still good" and "mainly to replace onboard sound" so I EXPLAINED to him that that was all I was after. I never imagined that explaining my wants and needs out of my upgrade, in response to someone's advice on what to get, would have caused such a stir. You seem to have taken it very personal, beyond reason, and I think you need to calm down a bit and realize that not everyone is going to heed the advice of the first person to offer it. There are many sites like this that cover the same topics so I think it would be safe to assume that when people come here asking questions that they are trying to gather all the info they can in order to make a decision of their own, don't take offense when that decision is not the one you would make or recommend.

rkf76 will never understand that he has either a dirty potentiometer (or pot) in his speaker (this can be fixed with a can of compressed air or contact cleaner) or a broke sound card.
No, what I don't understand is why you keep talking about a broken sound card when I've already stated multiple times that, before my upgrade, my computer didn't have one. I'm no electrical engineer so I can't say for certain what the root of the problem was, all I know is now that I have installed this sound card, and the accompanying software, my audio now sounds alot better than it ever has and functions properly at all times like it should. I'm sure if I had taken Crysalis' advice that I'd be enjoying even greater gains, but me buying that expensive of a card would be akin to using a fire extinguisher to put out a match, just a tad much. And as for the dirty pot, let's eliminate that as a possible issue as well because the problem persisted even when I upgraded speakers. And the old one's are now being used on my pc at work without a trace of the problem I had on my pc at home before I upgraded to a sound card. And it definitely couldn't be a "broke" sound card considering I never had one to begin with.

the main reason I was trying to be civil was after reading his 4th post (which was his his 3rd reply, not his first like he keeps claiming)
I haven't yet figured out why you're so infatuated with my 4th post in this thread, it's borderline obsessive. What I keep claiming, and rightfully so considering it's right there in black and white, is that I CLEARLY STATED MY WANTS AND NEEDS FOR MY AUDIO UPGRADE IN MY VERY FIRST REPLY IN THIS THREAD. That's all, nothing more, nothing less. For some reason you are oblivious to that and instead are choosing to focus on my later reply to your smart alec comment, in which you claim that I admitted that I should not replace my onboard sound......a claim which you have absolutely nothing on which to base it. Your opinion (that I am upgrading due to the minor malfucntion I was experiencing, as stated in my 4th post in this thread) does not dictate the reality of my need to upgrade (because onboard audio sucked and wasn't very sonically pleasing). It's too bad that you can't accept that.

rkf76 will never understand that if he would have put that most relevant info in his first post or his first reply we would have approach the whole subject differently
How much more relevant can it get than what I stated in my first reply? I said what I wanted and why I wanted it, there's nothing else to say. From now on I'll make sure to put any and all relevant info in my 4th post in any thread since that's the only post you can see.

rkf76 will never check the other posts in this audio section and realize that me and crysalis has helped thousand of people on this very subject plus many more audio related subject
that's great! Not relevant, but still great. I don't underestimate his knowledge level a bit, nor do I disbelieve his contention that the XtremeMusic is the superior card, but at the end of the day I have to choose what is best for me. I know that's hard for you to accept, but that's just how it is. I decided that the XtremeMusic was a bit more than I wanted to pay, and was also put off by the fact that it was no longer available on Creative's website, not to mention that it was far more product than I wanted or needed. My goal here was just to improve upon onboard audio, which was accomplished with my purchase.

you need psychological help bad. you can't let the matter drop. you claim to be old, yet you don't act like it.

you just spent 24 hours thinking up that comeback and you end basically saying the same thing over that you already said which is nothing.

this thread is dead. did you missed the part when I said that you win? don't go away mad, just go away....

you need psychological help bad. you can't let the matter drop. you claim to be old, yet you don't act like it.

you just spent 24 hours thinking up that comeback and you end basically saying the same thing over that you already said which is nothing.

this thread is dead. did you missed the part when I said that you win? don't go away mad, just go away....
It just kills you when you can't control a situation, doesn't it? LOL, poor guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom