Logitech VX Revolution + Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeAudio = $80.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is, but stay away from the xtreme audio. Its not worth it. I mean its still good, but if you're gonna get an x-fi, get at least the music one. The audio one isn't meant for performance... its mainly just to replace onboard sound.

Crysalis said:
it is, but stay away from the xtreme audio. Its not worth it. I mean its still good, but if you're gonna get an x-fi, get at least the music one. The audio one isn't meant for performance... its mainly just to replace onboard sound.
Aren't you an audio engineer? That being said, your tolerances are likely to be far higher than mine. I just want a noticeable improvement over onboard audio, that's my only want/need. I don't need/want studio quality/audio engineer approved audio signal, just something that sounds better than what I currently have and won't break the bank.

I wasn't able to find the X-Fi XtremeMusic card for less than $80, it's not even listed for sale on the Creative website which tells me it's no longer available. I'm sure the XtremeAudio will suit me just fine

see... the problem is, you're going to want to expand. Save your money just a little more and get something that is going to be GOOD, not just a little better.

Now, I wonder what you would say if I hadn't had audio engineer in my title.

Crysalis said:
see... the problem is, you're going to want to expand. Save your money just a little more and get something that is going to be GOOD, not just a little better.

Now, I wonder what you would say if I hadn't had audio engineer in my title.
LOL.

I don't see myself wanting to expand.........if this were my main source of audio/video at home then I absolutely would go for the higher end stuff, but it's not, it's just my daily email checking/internet surfing/music listening machine. When I am ready to so some serious listening I go to the home stereo system.

go back to sleep crysalis. this was a dream. he didn't want any advice. his mind is made up already.

I wondering why he posted the question myself. from listening to him, by his own admission he shouldn't replace the onboard sound card

EricB said:
go back to sleep crysalis. this was a dream. he didn't want any advice. his mind is made up already.

I wondering why he posted the question myself. from listening to him, by his own admission he shouldn't replace the onboard sound card
Actually, I do need to replace my onboard sound. Mine currently has some volume fluctuation as well as intermittently making me crank the volume all the way up before any sound comes out of my speakers. Once the sound comes on then I can turn it down like normal, only then sometimes it'll cut out.

I love crysalis' advice, matter of fact, the advice he gave is what cemented my decision, he said "it's good" and "mainly to replace onboard sound", which is all i'm looking for, a good replacement for my onboard sound.

Go try to stir up the post elsewhere kid.

lol... you do realize that eric probably HAS more knowledge than you'll (or even me at times) ever comprehend about a single speaker?

I wouldn't be pushin your help. I suggested against the audio version... so you decide to go with it. Eric suggests you listen to me, you tell him to shove off.

nice.

Crysalis said:
lol... you do realize that eric probably HAS more knowledge than you'll (or even me at times) ever comprehend about a single speaker?

I wouldn't be pushin your help. I suggested against the audio version... so you decide to go with it. Eric suggests you listen to me, you tell him to shove off.

nice.
I'm one that gives what I get. If I get someone trying to be pompous, makes assumptions and concludes what he wants from his interpretations of what I say, i'm not likely to value said person's input.

I think it's pretty obvious that you know your stuff, I don't doubt that, but I don't understand how you can decide if something will or won't fit my wants/needs if you don't ask what they are. I understand your point about expanding and buying something that both fills your needs of today and gives room to expand tomorrow but I thought it was pretty obvious that expansion is not a concern of mine as I don't have that need for top notch features or sound performance from my computer. All I need is something that sounds better than the crappy onboard sound i'm using now. Putting a $150 sound card on some $50 speakers makes about as much sense as putting a $5000 paint job on a car that's worth $500.

If I was going to get a high end 5.1 speaker system and planned on some serious gaming or audio production then I'd absolutely consider investing in better performing speakers and sound card.

instead of being so defensive you need to look at the whole situation. you didn't explain yourself throughly and clearly in the first place otherwise I wouldn't have commented.

we are reading this as second party. we only know what you tell us. reread the post. it looks like you are asking a question, then it looks like you are complaining when you don't get the answer that you want to hear even if it's the truth. we have a lot of people do this on this site

now you would have got a different answer if you had included the problem you have with sound card. it's obviously broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom