Logitech's USB Mic is impressive..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Logitech's feeble looking USB mic, priced at £29.99 RRP (can be got for half that) is actually quite impressive, ive gone threw numerous desktop microphones (under £20 i will add) and they all had a lot of noise, your face had to withing about 30cm of the mic, and they sounded rough.

This, however, is another story. Plugged the mic straight in to usb, and that was it. It worked - no drivers, nothing. Then ofcourse i open up windows own sound recorder, and record my voice and played it back. Wow, it sounds actually how i sound - for some reason mics usually make my voice sound either much higher or much lower in pitch then it is.

Ok, so now im interested in this thing. download Audacity to really check this thing out. I start recording and do nothing but breathe, while lieing back in my chair several meters away. And heck, it picked it up (other mics were no way near this sensitive) the only other mic thats more senstiive than this that i came across was Razer's headphone mic, but that made my voice sound far to deep.

Recording some music revealed it distorts relative easily, which is of course to be expected of a mic of this cost and size. But when played at quiet volumes it sounded really quite listenable - I would say it deteriorated about %15 over the original file, which for £17 i paid, imo, isn't all that bad.

It's also quite directional, which is good, because if it wasn't it's sensitivity would create bad acoustic reverb and you could hear the hum of my pc and me typing, etc.

Anyway, i'm really impressed with the mic for it's cost. It did well with voice recognition too, once the pc had learnt my voice... ;)

So if anyone wants a cheep and very very cheerful mic, get this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom