Logitech Home theater question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I"m know I'm drunk. But I think that if you run hdmi (with the digital audio built in) to the tv and it has digital out on the tv that it will still pass the digital signal to the digital out on the tv so you can hook another component up downstream.

send me a reminder so I can test this tomorrow

Hi,
Currently at the moment I am using the Logitech Z-5500D computer speaker system as my some theater system. I'm also using a Samsung series 6 LCD 40” 650 series TV and a play station 3, 40gb for blu-ray viewing.
Because the Logitech has only one optical port, it is currently set up so that the optical connection goes from the Logitech system to the TV (Has optical connection on it) and then I just run an hdmi from the TV to the PS3, but for some reason I cant get Dolby Digital or DTS when watching blu-rays on the PS3 (I have tried configuring it on the play station but no luck).
So anyway what I want to do instead of this is buy a Pioneer VSX-LX51 amp and then EVENTUALLY get new speakers such as Klipsch or B&W etc. But for now for financial purposes I just want to know if it's possible to use the existing Logitech system with a pioneer amplifier? I am unsure if this will work because of the inbuilt amp/sub combination.
Someone please help me out!

Cheers,

Michael

I do similar with my Logitech Z-680 system. My setup is all digital optical. What I basically done is I have 3 different digital optical wires. I bought this little guy here: Amazon.com: 3 in / 1 Out, Optical (Toslink) Digital Audio Selector: Musical Instruments

Then I ran 1 digital optical to the tv (for playing Wii games in surround), one directly to my DVR, and one directly to my DVD. Now I usually leave it set to output from TV, but if I watch DVDs all I have to do is turn the knob and it changes the input to the DVD and I get full surround sound with DTS, etc.

A much cheaper way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom