Line Input Decibel Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkotulak

Beta member
I'm having a problem with dampening my line input levels via XP such that I can avoid distortion.

I have my stereo connected to the line input of the sound chips of my XP OS Computer.

I recently upgraded my mobo to a K7VTA3 and the integrated sound chip is a Via 'AC97.

Of course, I also simultaneously upgraded my Nero from 5.5 to 6.0.

I use Nero's wave editor to convert my vinyl records to digital mp3 CD's.

I had to lower my XP line input volume to 0 in order to avoid most input distortion. Moving it to 0 does not remove all line input levels as one might expect, it just lowered the levels to where distortion was almost acceptable, I think I had a similar problem with the old computer hardware and sound card and Nero 5.5 but it wasn't nearly as severe.

I've contacted Nero and their best response is that the line input level is too high from the stereo receiver - to which I have no control. My question is twofold then, has anyone experienced similar problems and how did they correct it. If in fact the output levels of the receiver is too high is their some sort of cheap line input dampener or such that can be bought to control the db output of the receiver before it ever makes it to the sound card???

Any informative response would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom