Limewire

Status
Not open for further replies.
ares is horrible, it gave me a virus. The program did, not something i downloaded.

limewire is good, and its based on java technology, so it cant screw up on you.

bittorrent is okay, lots of selection, but download speeds are nothing special (im lucky to get 40 kb/s)

talldude123 said:

limewire is good, and its based on java technology, so it cant screw up on you.

is that a joke? lol java`s terrible its slow and a mess. Give me C++ torrent program anyday. Id have thought people would try visual c# instead of java think its better. Id even prefere a program written in visual basic. Torrents all the way may be slow but its got a big community and reliable.

Torrents are usually the fastest, but it's harder to find stuff.
I always use torrents for games, video and other software. For audio I use Gnutella1 and Gnutella2 networks.

For downloading from Bittorrent network you have to download a small .torrent file from www.isohunt.com or other torrent websites, open it with a program that supports bittorrent and it will start downloading.

The main advantage about Shareaza is that is connects to Gnutella1, Gnutella2 and the eDonkey network. Download: www.shareaza.com
So it basically downloads from all users using the following Peer2Peer software:

Gnutella1
Acquisition
Acqlite
Apollon (GUI)
BearShare
Cabos
CocoGnut
DM2
FrostWire
giFT
Gnucleus
Gtk-gnutella
iMesh
KCeasy
LimeWire
XoloX
...and more

Gnutella2
Kiwi Alpha
Morpheus
Gnucleus
Adagio
Pocket G2
FileScope
iMesh
Caribou
MLdonkey
TrustyFiles
...and more

eDokey network
eDonkey
eDonkey2000
eMule
...and more

I recommend disabling the eDonkey network in Shareaza, though. It sucks and can take days before downloads start running.

DC++ is my preference.
Pros:
Do not have to worry about government intervention.(no legislation has been passed that allows government agents access to hubs)
You can find literally ANYTHING... even the most obscure music.
Doesn't require constant attention to keep downloads going.
Can obtain the most correct downloads desires (other programs have fake shares which are a pain in the a$$)
Speeds can be incredibly high.
Cons:
Must have over 30 gig worth of shared, quality material to gain access to hubs.
Speeds can be slow, patience is a virtue. (the rarer the file the slower typically.)
Hub restrictions.
Takes a while to get used to hubs.

Overall, hubs combine the, find rare large or small files with not so great download speeds of a torrent or IRC style method, and the, find small to large common files with excellent speeds similar to a limewire/ares method.

PerkMich said:
DC++ is my preference.
Pros:
Do not have to worry about government intervention.(no legislation has been passed that allows government agents access to hubs)
You can find literally ANYTHING... even the most obscure music.
Doesn't require constant attention to keep downloads going.
Can obtain the most correct downloads desires (other programs have fake shares which are a pain in the a$$)
Speeds can be incredibly high.
Cons:
Must have over 30 gig worth of shared, quality material to gain access to hubs.
Speeds can be slow, patience is a virtue. (the rarer the file the slower typically.)
Hub restrictions.
Takes a while to get used to hubs.

Overall, hubs combine the, find rare large or small files with not so great download speeds of a torrent or IRC style method, and the, find small to large common files with excellent speeds similar to a limewire/ares method.

My friend got a letter from the RIAA, how... because of government intervention. New bills/laws have been passed, so don't think the government will NEVER gain access to hubs. Also the share quantity you have there isn't true for all hubs... Some require you to share an X amount while others require you to share a Y amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom