Limewire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

In Runtime
i have limewire 4.8.1
i was wondering if it was safe to download songs. is it reliable? is it better than kazaa lite?

just dont download anything thats like 348k in size...it's a trojan

Limewire is opensource as m3trj said, so it depends. You could get a lemony version of it. Dont download any mods of it :( bad stuff if you do.

ONi

Limewire works great for downloading a few songs from an album. But if you are looking to get the whole album, which you can still do, it just takes longer, go Bit Torrent.

It does work, but you will still get spyware, adware, and viruses.

I find it very safe to download music and videos, but find tht it sucks for programs and games. ive tried to get so many programs from it and theyre mostly trojans, which you can identify mostly by the type of file it is and the size. the most common trojans ive noticed are 851.7kb in a zip folder. Also, when downloading a zip file, when opened with winzip, if all the file contains is an exe icon, its a trojan. The most common trojan on limewire is dubbed W32.Dlder.Trojan. and another thing that can get you is ClickTillUWin, which is spyware. this is also noted to be downloaded by people on limewire.

be advised that you are DL'n copyright or is copywrited, oh well what ever , material . Supposedly the RIAA is actively looking for you to take you to court, or so they want you to beleive. I heard of a few cases a year or two ago and that was it. I have to nention this , they the RIAA put up a billboard a few years ago, it read there is some hardware that goes along with the illegal software you DOWNLOAD...it showed a pair of handcuffs. hehehe
just thought you should know

I have used it extensively but not for videos and music primarily. If it is a program and you know it's going to be big, 700mb or whatever, you'll see multiple listing of that programs that are relatively small. If the program is a zip or RAR file and is 890kb of less, it is a trojan virus!!! Use your common sense. As far as the open source and RIAA.....they won't touch it unless they have evidence you are trying to sell pirated software, movies and music. If you will notice, all of th new DVD's have tha cute little blurb about downloading movies to resell.......they will prosecute you for that! I have used it to download ISO's for programs that I have already bought and like an idiot, damaged the CD. The iso doesn't come with the key but I then am able to use my own lisc. key. I now back up all my software with Alcohol 120% and will never have to download from limewire etc. in the future as I now have perfect ISO back-ups and the original CD's can go in the safe!!!

Warez and limewire are both very good, I have all my songs from limewire. When i want to download movies or shows I use Bit Comet. (Bit Torent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom