A Level student, stuck PLEASE HELP (multimedia related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emma_tha_fairy

Beta member
Heya, im Emma and in currently doing an it course working towards an A Level. However i have become a bit stuck!
I have been asked to research the topic multimedia, i have become confused as i am asked to say how multimedia information is stored on a computer. Im hoping some of you clever peeps may be able to help me, im going crazy.... :(

please email me or reply to this post, my addy is ema_905@hotmail.com
thanks all
xxx

Most common methods are optical disks, either CDROM's or DVD's.

CDROM's usually use the iso9660 format, but they can also be used as video cd's or super video cd's for movie content as well as the traditional music disk format.

DVD's use the UDF format but like any other disk you can store just about anything on them.

Another and increasingly common method is USB storage or memory cards used in various portable devices, they usually use the USB mass storage format but some use device specific proprietary formats.

That what your looking for?

basically allthe data ona computer in the binary form.
if u r talking how these binary number are recognised as multimedia u better go through some books gigital speech and image processing,these books are basically written for engineers but u can get some good info
best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom