Ldp-1450

Status
Not open for further replies.

The General

Banned
okay this is a really specific thing, but maybe someone knows something about these.

i found a sony LDP-1450 laser disc player. i also won some starwars laser discs on ebay and i was really excited about watching them, well. the laser disc player only has an on/off button and a open/close button. it doesnt automatically play. it has these connectors and switches on the back:

Option selector switches (8 of them)
RCA audio out
BNC video out
25pin rs-232c
baud rate selector switches

Heres a link to the operations manual: http://www.d-l-p-archive.com/manuals/ldp-1450_m.zip
heres the command set (???) http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/tech/command/command_ldp.asp

heres the program that is used to control it supposedly: http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laserdisc_archive/sony/sony_ldp_controller.zip

heres some information about the laser disc player: http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laserdisc_archive/sony/sony_ldp-1450/sony_ldp-1450.htm

what im hoping is that someone who knows somehting about this can make sense of all of this for me. i have a windows machine with a serial port (windows xp) and i have a 25pin to serial cable (but im not sure how the wires are setup in it)

heres just some of my questions:

the manual depicts a ccomputer plugged into it and a "monitor TV" plugged into the computer. does this mean its capable of outputting video to the computer? or is that jsut saying the computer has a monitor?

is it possible to construct a device to plug into the serial port that has play stop fast forward etc on it?

based on the pin setup shown in the manual, how shall i construct a new cable?

and then, how do i use this thing? lol all i want to do is watch star wars.

oh and is the BNC connector just a different kind of coaxial cable, or is it like an RCA video out

do i need to like tune my TV to channel three or something?

the general said:
isnt bnc coaxial though?
and then how to i control this thing?

1.yes.
2.you may only have play and stop functions without the remote

i dont have the remote, but i can connect it to a computer and have all sorts of controls, i can even play laserdisc games, this is all supposedly though... i havent gotten anything to work

but i DID go to radioshack just now and got a BNC2RCA adapter, and i am getting some kind of output. (flicked when i turn the LDP on and off, and when it spins up after a while (about the time it would start playing) i get change in the darkness of the screen.) this is more than i ever had with the BNC2coax and TV tuned to channel 3. i just need to find a 25pin - 25pin serial cable and plug it into my mac classic II and see if i can get it to work. if i have a 25 pin to 9 pin, and another one, can i splice these together into a 25 to 25?

the general said:
i dont have the remote, but i can connect it to a computer and have all sorts of controls, i can even play laserdisc games, this is all supposedly though... i havent gotten anything to work

but i DID go to radioshack just now and got a BNC2RCA adapter, and i am getting some kind of output. (flicked when i turn the LDP on and off, and when it spins up after a while (about the time it would start playing) i get change in the darkness of the screen.) this is more than i ever had with the BNC2coax and TV tuned to channel 3. i just need to find a 25pin - 25pin serial cable and plug it into my mac classic II and see if i can get it to work. if i have a 25 pin to 9 pin, and another one, can i splice these together into a 25 to 25?

the bnc is composite out, mean you need to hook it to the video in of your tv or vcr. I was wrong previously. I was thinking that you was asking me was it coaxial in nature. I didn't realize that you was asking me was it a coaxial signal.

I don't know about the pin. I look to seen if I got any rs-232c connectors laying around. I know that I do, but there isn't any telling where they are at

alright, i guess i could get one of those 25/9<->25/9 belkins

ill get one tomorrow.

but once i have it connected, anyone know how i can send it commands? im hoping theres some kind of terminal or something where i can feed it CLi, cause i dont like windows and the only control programs i've found for it run in wndows and dosbox doesnt have serial support. well they're dos programs, but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom