LCD Monitor Problems? Weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerwiz_222

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, I currently work in a repair shop and I received a 17" LCD monitor. My boss said, you can have it. I thought great! I went home tested it and it works for like 1/2 second then the backlight goes out. So the picture shows up full, bright and nice then a second later the backlight goes out. The only way to see it now is to point an LED flashlight and the screen, very close. It is a Philips 170B I am wondering if this is a common problem with Philips or if it is a fluke. Has anyone else had this problem. Thanks for the insight!

Well I wanted to try and repair it, it would be a good second monitor for my bedroom. You can run VGA through cat5 at 800x600 so i was going to use it as a MCE viewer for my room. Thanks.

computerwiz_222 said:
Well I wanted to try and repair it, it would be a good second monitor for my bedroom. You can run VGA through cat5 at 800x600 so i was going to use it as a MCE viewer for my room. Thanks.

Weird, didn't know about that VGA/CAT5 thing.

There is nothing we can do to help you, we don't know what is wrong with it. Open it up and look at it.

I did, I think the inverter is gone, does anyone know if there is a standard voltage or current for it. Is there any generic inverter I can use? I know I will loose the ability to adjust the brightness on the monitor buttons. I will open it up again and post some pics, there is nothing visibly wrong though. When I turn the monitor on, (I think it is a transformer) the transformer on the inverter board sounds like a steaming kettle for a split second. Does this help? BTW The power supply (18v) works, I tested another supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom