Laptop to TV/Amplifier Wireless Integration

Ducky13

Beta member
Hi All,

I am looking to wirelessly integrate my old Dell laptop (no HDMI port, no bluetooth) to my TV & amplifier. My TV (has HDMI port) is connected to my Marantz amplifier which is connected to two bookshelf speakers. I have all my movies (multiple formats) & music (mainly MP3) on my laptop & want to be able to effortlessly play music on my speakers OR watch movies on the TV, both through my laptop. I would also like to be able to watch YouTube (& other streaming content) through my laptop on my TV & hear the sound on my speakers, all wirelessly. What is the easiest way for me to do so?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Ducky

Hi All,

I am looking to wirelessly integrate my old Dell laptop (no HDMI port, no bluetooth) to my TV & amplifier. My TV (has HDMI port) is connected to my Marantz amplifier which is connected to two bookshelf speakers. I have all my movies (multiple formats) & music (mainly MP3) on my laptop & want to be able to effortlessly play music on my speakers OR watch movies on the TV, both through my laptop. I would also like to be able to watch YouTube (& other streaming content) through my laptop on my TV & hear the sound on my speakers, all wirelessly. What is the easiest way for me to do so?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Ducky

You have a complicated mess on your hands.
Before I begin to help answer these please:
1.what model is your dell laptop by chance ?
2.What kind of TV do you use ?
3.What OS are you using on your laptop if your wanting to stream ?
4.What kind of speakers are you using, please name the model number.

I'm not gonna lie to you, but you have a low chance of this working with what your wanting.
Please read this as it reguards on what you need to set this up wit hdmi:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1685683/connect-laptop-hdtv-surround-sound-sound.html

For starters I recommend windows media center for streaming on your laptop.
Microsoft windows 7 professional and ultimate bundle it.
Beginners Guide for Setting Up Windows 7 Media Center

Read this guide carefully.

If your still want to pursue this, I can attempt to make it work on some levels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom