Klipsch speakers with my sound card??

Status
Not open for further replies.

drjoeshmoe@yahoo.com

Beta member
I just purchased a set of Klipsch 2.1 speakers to replace my 6 speaker altec lansing set. The klipsch are on there way in the mail.

My computer is a dell dimension 2400 and my sound card is a soundmax integrated digital audio.

My question is will this sound card do ok with the klipsch??
Would I notice a huge difference in sound to upgrade to a better card??

If so what is a good compatible recommendation??

I mostly just listen to music, I do not watch movies from my computer or anything.

thanks for any help.

I just purchased a set of Klipsch 2.1 speakers to replace my 6 speaker altec lansing set. The klipsch are on there way in the mail.

My computer is a dell dimension 2400 and my sound card is a soundmax integrated digital audio.

1)My question is will this sound card do ok with the klipsch??
2)Would I notice a huge difference in sound to upgrade to a better card??

3If so what is a good compatible recommendation??

I mostly just listen to music, I do not watch movies from my computer or anything.

thanks for any help.

1) No, your onboard audio will not do your Klipsche any favours.
2) Depends on how much you spent on one, with the one i reccomend, most definitely.
3) Auzentech X-Fi Prelude. Search for that on google, and buy one. i know there expensive. If there to expensive get an X-Fi Extrememusic. If you want even better audio, contact a member called Apokalipse on here, he can help you.

Would I notice a huge difference in sound to upgrade to a better card??
Depends how much better the sound card you're upgrading to is.

the Audigy 2's and X-Fi's are much better than onboard. But, Creative decided to go cheap on many of the components used on both, so they don't sound as well as they could.
Also, the Creative cards are usually more suited to games (positional/surround), with the X-Fi excelling in that area.

Auzentech's X-Fi comes with much better components than Creative's X-Fi's, and sound better in general as a result.

However, for just music, I'd recommend one of these:
ESI Juli@
M-Audio Audiophile 192
AudioTrak Prodigy HD2

I think out of them, the Juli@ sounds better. The Prodigy HD2 costs less though and is still a great sounding card.

*edit*
I think I might try and get a Juli@ myself. I have an X-fi XtremeMusic, which I modified (LME49720 OpAmps, better power filtering capacitor), so I'll use that for games. Then I could use the Juli@ for everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom