Just got my hd280pro's in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricanflow

Golden Master
This is my second pair....the first pair was a loaner which i had for a couple
months, then i went back to my JVC cans, but i missed the senn's so much i ordered them a few days ago.

Breaking them in as i type this. They definetly sound like new phones, and
fell pretty stiff but thatll be fixed soon.:):)

The good old 100 hours of pink noise ?

I just read this:

Second, the salesman somewhat pushed the senn HD280s in my face. I didn't have much expectation from these since I knew they were a cheaper phone, although they have gotten some good reviews. Putting them on, I was shocked to find that people gave them such good reviews - these things were not only **** uncomfortable (especially with glasses on), but they sounded like tin cans. Anemic and harsh, I took them off pretty fast and asked for the last pair I wanted to try.

That was after he tried some DT770's...very interesting.

Lol, you cant wear them with glasses.

Theyre noise canceling, you need to have a secure seal around the ear, and
wearing glasses with them will make all the sound leak out.

I dont do that, i play a loop of different types of music.

rap, rock, merengue, salsa...basically all the stuff i listen to on my pc.

Lol, you cant wear them with glasses.

Theyre noise canceling, you need to have a secure seal around the ear, and
wearing glasses with them will make all the sound leak out.

I guess if not having a good seal on in ear headphones is anything to go by, it would make a drastic affect on the sound quality. Infact if i dont have a good seal on my Shure SE530's he chose the perfect description, anemic and tin can like.

Maybe that was his downfall then :p

And i can't choose what to get now..DT770's are nice and bassy, but sibilant, ATH A700 are nice and bassy, good mids and highs..but i can help but feel if you can get them for £45 in america, then there just ripping us off here and they dont sound so good + there closed and they would have crap soundstage and airyness.

So then i thought about AKG K601 and it sounded promising but people say there only really good for music with less bass in.

Is there not a good headphone out there :eek:

The good old 100 hours of pink noise ?

I guess if not having a good seal on in ear headphones is anything to go by, it would make a drastic affect on the sound quality. Infact if i dont have a good seal on my Shure SE530's he chose the perfect description, anemic and tin can like.

Maybe that was his downfall then :p

And i can't choose what to get now..DT770's are nice and bassy, but sibilant, ATH A700 are nice and bassy, good mids and highs..but i can help but feel if you can get them for £45 in america, then there just ripping us off here and they dont sound so good + there closed and they would have crap soundstage and airyness.

So then i thought about AKG K601 and it sounded promising but people say there only really good for music with less bass in.

Is there not a good headphone out there :eek:

Thats why i chose these.

Theyre not the best, and theyre not the worst, and the price is reasonable, and theyre pretty flat.

Theyre also highly recommended for the price range.

Remember you cant compare prices from here to there, if you know anything
about economics then you know products dont have a set price, theyre adjusted depending on the market that the product is being sold in.

Just like the euro and the dollar are not equal.

To you guys, its cheaper if you come here and buy them, but its more expensive if we go to the uk and buy them using our money. make sense??

I understand that..

[Self Edit]

I'm not sure after hereing such expensive headphones i could ever get some HD280pro's, i'll have to stick with the good headphones :D

When I was shopping for some nice cans a few months ago I considered getting the HD280Pro's as well but since I was going to be using them mainly for my Zune80 I needed some that didn't need alot of power to shine. In the end I had to decide between the HD212Pro's and the HD280Pro's. I ended up with the HD212Pro's. The main reasons I went with those over the 280's is because these were louder than the 280's with the volume set at the same level and because the bass was stronger and more pronounced. However, the mids and highs were very nice on the 280's, I just couldn't get the volume out of them that I wanted/needed. Now if I was looking for some cans for my home stereo or even studio monitors, I'd definitely go with the 280's.

But for portable mp3 players, you might want to check out the HD212Pro's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom