Just bought a Yamaha YST-MSW10+(2)YST-M15 2.1 speaker system - how good are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ml1209

Solid State Member
I saw these on the local Craigslist for $15, plus the guy threw in a 21" Dell CRT monitor, and I snapped it up.

Yamaha YST-MSW10 subwoofer rated at 25 watts.

Yamaha YST-M15 speakers rated at 10 watts each, with two.

So far, they sound pretty good - better than my current Creative 2.1 system, so I put that away.

These Yamahas are old I know, but aren't Yamahas known for good quality?

I'd say this is $15 well spent! (Haven't checked out the monitor yet).

Tha's definitly a bargain, The speakers are usually of a good quality being Yamaha, and with a 21inch CRT monitor, It was definitly worth it, nice buy.

They may be good speakers, but no match for my All-Mighty Logitech Z5500's :). And my up and coming Audio Technica A700 Headphones :).

if they sound good, then yes.

i don't get these questions. you buy speakers to HEAR them, not to impress other people, right? why does it matter if they're crappy or good as long as they sound good?

Because were humans and we fight for our survival and are naturally competitive and fight to be dominant. Therefor the man with the best speakers wins ... so yes we do buy them to impres sother people ! . But yes. They do need to sound good :).

Lol Jokes :). But scientifically im sur eits true :)

molsen said:
if they sound good, then yes.

i don't get these questions. you buy speakers to HEAR them, not to impress other people, right? why does it matter if they're crappy or good as long as they sound good?

I don't think it's that simple. I'm not an audiophile, and I don't know good sound equipment from bad. Everything sounds good the first time you hear it, as long as you haven't heard anything worse before. I have gone through three sets of speakers, and the latest ones always sound better than the last.

These old Yamahas do sound better than the new Creative set I had, which leads me to that quality does make a difference.

These forums are useful to determine which brands are worth the money and which are good values - as with anything else.

all i'm saying is you don't have to be an audiophile to determine good audio equipment. good audio equipment is what sounds good to your ears. if you like it, it's good. sure, it can always be better....but you can spend $1000 on a single speaker and still find someting that sounds subjectively better.

basically, don't rely on what others have to say about speakers. if you rely on your ears, you're sure to end up with something that fits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom