Just bought B&W CM1's!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya its sad how people are so convinced by every marketing scheme and believe whatever they hear. If people knew how good speakers could sound, they wouldn't be buying logitech thinking they were getting high end. So many people are satisfied with the knockoff versions of everything too. People don't strive for quality as much as I personally think they should.

Its my addiction to get quality stuff, no matter what I am getting, and even though I don't get as much stuff, whatever I get is going to be good quality and will last me a long time. The market will supply what the people want so if people started demanding higher quality stuff, the market would supply it at a more reasonable price. But instead people settle for the OK version and standards just get reduced more and more until companies can get away with ridiculously cheap things and start overpricing them because the average buyer doesn't know the difference anymore, or just simply doesn't care. Its ridiculous.

Bah, I should stop. I just wish people would realize these things and stop getting fooled by marketers.

Ya its sad how people are so convinced by every marketing scheme and believe whatever they hear. If people knew how good speakers could sound, they wouldn't be buying logitech thinking they were getting high end. So many people are satisfied with the knockoff versions of everything too. People don't strive for quality as much as I personally think they should.

Its my addiction to get quality stuff, no matter what I am getting, and even though I don't get as much stuff, whatever I get is going to be good quality and will last me a long time. The market will supply what the people want so if people started demanding higher quality stuff, the market would supply it at a more reasonable price. But instead people settle for the OK version and standards just get reduced more and more until companies can get away with ridiculously cheap things and start overpricing them because the average buyer doesn't know the difference anymore, or just simply doesn't care. Its ridiculous.

Bah, I should stop. I just wish people would realize these things and stop getting fooled by marketers.

Well put

That is correct Ferarri. But the harsh reality is, some people really can't tell the difference between speakers - it's phenomenal.

My Friend think his Logitech Z5500 speakers (That i gave to him..) running off onboard sound, "sound the exact same and if not better" then my Behringer studio monitors. I even turned the bass way up to suit the sound most people like. But nope he wasn't convinced. People should be educated at school about the signs of quality products and inferior products, it'd stop people getting ripped off later in life.

Wow that is unbelievable. How can you not tell the difference between some logitech speakers and nice studio monitors? Its like night and day. I agree, people should be taught those things in school. Thats a really valuable thing to know and it would also force the companies that make those inferior products to either start making real stuff or just go out of business.

Here I am starting to learn more about what high-end audio really is. Now this thread is making me want to get some good studio monitors.
I currently own Z-5500's (needless to say, I wasn't particularly well informed when I got them)

I'm currently enjoying my new Audio Technica ATH-AD900's, and now I really can tell the difference between different quality and lossless file formats.
Oh, and they do bring out a lot of Creative's X-fi "technologies" for what they really are, too.

Here I am starting to learn more about what high-end audio really is. Now this thread is making me want to get some good studio monitors.
I currently own Z-5500's (needless to say, I wasn't particularly well informed when I got them)

I'm currently enjoying my new Audio Technica ATH-AD900's, and now I really can tell the difference between different quality and lossless file formats.
Oh, and they do bring out a lot of Creative's X-fi "technologies" for what they really are, too.

You should do it! It is completely worth it. These B&W's give me an entirely different experience than my old bose setup. I wont recommend you anything because I'm only just learning about all of the high end audio brands but I encourage you to go listen to some.

I turned off all of the X-Fi features when I got these new speakers, I don't need them anymore for my music to sound good. It almost felt a little too pronounced when I had the crystalizer on and stuff.

If these are as good as you say.. I may look into buying them.

I currently have Klipsch THX speakers...,(2 kinda small ones on my desk and 1 medium sub on the floor), with a sound blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer sound card.

I listen to alot of metal, such as: Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive, Devildriver, Children of Bodom, In Flames,.........

When I first got these from being used to the stock speakers that came with one of my systems the difference was heavenly... the crystalizer and profile settings really made a huge difference in my audio experience. I thought the songs were supposed to sound like they did on my stock speakers.. But now... I can't believe the garbage I put my ears to.

Do you know anything of the speakers I have and how much better quality I would get with the B&W's?

I read somewhere that the difference was really in classical music with the B&W's... Is this true?

Also.. If I were to play games, such as Battlefield 2, COD4, or CS Source.. Would they be able to produce quality sound while gaming?

I know nothing about speakers.. I am wondering though if the ratio is something like: LCD:plasma within product differentiation of monitors.

and btw: "Apokalipse: 1 + 1 = 3 if you define 3 as a result of 1 + 1" that is epic...

You should do it! It is completely worth it. These B&W's give me an entirely different experience than my old bose setup. I wont recommend you anything because I'm only just learning about all of the high end audio brands but I encourage you to go listen to some.

I turned off all of the X-Fi features when I got these new speakers, I don't need them anymore for my music to sound good. It almost felt a little too pronounced when I had the crystalizer on and stuff.
From what I've read, the Crystalizer does nothing more than this:
crystalliser.PNG

Basically, it's a gimmick to make it sound 'punchier' (as they describe it) by increasing the bass and highs (which is very often where the beats are in songs)
But it in no way increases sound quality at all.

I currently have Klipsch THX speakers...,(2 kinda small ones on my desk and 1 medium sub on the floor), with a sound blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer sound card.

I listen to alot of metal, such as: Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive, Devildriver, Children of Bodom, In Flames,.........

When I first got these from being used to the stock speakers that came with one of my systems the difference was heavenly... the crystalizer and profile settings really made a huge difference in my audio experience. I thought the songs were supposed to sound like they did on my stock speakers.. But now... I can't believe the garbage I put my ears to.

Do you know anything of the speakers I have and how much better quality I would get with the B&W's?

I read somewhere that the difference was really in classical music with the B&W's... Is this true?

Also.. If I were to play games, such as Battlefield 2, COD4, or CS Source.. Would they be able to produce quality sound while gaming?

I know nothing about speakers.. I am wondering though if the ratio is something like: LCD:plasma within product differentiation of monitors.

and btw: "Apokalipse: 1 + 1 = 3 if you define 3 as a result of 1 + 1" that is epic...

classical music and old r&B is the best music to test sound. classical have high and low point to test dynamic range and noise of equipment and both
classical music and old r&B excel in music detail.

From what I've read, the Crystalizer does nothing more than this:
crystalliser.PNG

Basically, it's a gimmick to make it sound 'punchier' (as they describe it) by increasing the bass and highs (which is very often where the beats are in songs)
But it in no way increases sound quality at all.

yes they basic manipulated the eq, time alignment and phrase to trick people into think that they have better sound. they use to claim that they could make mp3 sound better than the original source. that's when the x-fi cost $550.00

Well first off, I promise you they are as good as I keep saying they are.

I don't listen to any metal so I couldn't tell you how they perform with that type of music but everything I do play on them (hip hop, r&b, rock, alternative, some acoustic guitar stuff) sounds amazing. I haven't played any games really since I got them but I could try them out for you on bf2 and crysis and tell you how they perform.

Eric is right though, they will truly shine when you put on some classical music or anything with like acoustic guitar or something like that. Live performances, if good quality, sound incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom