itunes prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

lev2323

In Runtime
I have itunes on my win2k cpu. i love the program, but when i am playing music and doing anything with the web (ie. aim or surfing) it "lags". For instance, i type a message in aim and when i send it, it makes itunes skip for a sec or two. Is there a setting that i can change to fix this or any other suggestions? THanks
Matt

do you have a lot of other processes running in the background? Sometimes when a pc is under a lot of load and music is playing it 'skips' or otherwise distorts.

Nope, all that is running is ie6 and aim at the most....well, other than AVG (antivirus). But is does it just when running aim....my comp should be able to handle a lot, dont you think?!

It shouldn't have trouble running a bunch of programs at once. The reason why I ask is because sometimes you get a lot of spyware, etc programs running that slow things down. So.....you probably already checked the performance tab in the task manager. Other than that, sometimes there's compatibility issues, so downloading the latest driver for the (onboard, I assume) sound card might help.

Yep, did that as well....although it is onboard sound, it is pretty good. I forget the stats and vrand, but it is 5.1 and has optical out and ins! I have no spyware, at least none that spybot or adaware can pick up. Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom