iTunes not playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

fryc86

In Runtime
I've been spending some time converting my music files to .m4a so that I could play them in itunes and maybe transfer them to an ipod if I get one. But for some reason none of them will play. It will click on the song and say that it's playing, but the little time cursor thing does not move and basically nothing happens. It seems to recognize the files though as I've been able to get all the info and cd cover images from the itunes store. I don't think it's a problem with the files that I converted into .m4a format because even the songs that came with it as a preview don't play. So I'm not sure how to fix it.

Also, and this isn't as important, but I'm interested in finding a similar application to the one that makes your cd cover art from itunes into a screensaver, but I don't see anything like this for vista. Does anything like it exist, or do I just need to pass on that one? thanks

Are you sure they were converted correctly?

Use the link in my sig to get to the Windows Index page and in there you will find the Recommended Software thread. Audio convertion apps are located in there.

maybe they weren't. I bought Soundtaxi so I could try and remove the DRM from my purchased Rhapsody/other files so I could save them and play them on other sources. It looked like it was working and the new audio files all say .m4a, but maybe not.

Would dbpoweramp work better? And will it work for what I'm trying to do? thanks

It should. Read the sticky thread here on that info. Ask Eric in there if it will strip DRM. I dont think that one does. It might i have not used a audio app in a while.

okay so it may be that I haven't done it correctly. But I'm not convinced that is my main problem in regards to why they won't play in itunes because I'm in the itunes store right now clicking on various 30 second clips of songs to buy and they are all doing the same thing: loading up as if they are going to play, but then don't. The dialogue box thing shows the song title and is doing that vertical switching between singer and song title. Same thing as with the files I imported.

Maybe you are missing the codec's then. Use KLite, Vista codec pack or AC3Filter.

alright thanks. Well I tried those and nothing doing. I think I messed up all my audio somehow because the same thing is happening in Windows Media Player as well as my Rhapsody player. I tried inserting a cd and playing it in each of the players and the same thing happens. Same thing happens in Rhapsody with my downloaded paid and subscription tracks. So I think I messed something up pretty good...

okay I'll try that when I can. Right now my Device Manager won't open. When I right click on my Computer and click on Manage it says it has stopped working and says it's checking for a problem and then it's closes. I wonder of SP1 did something to my computer.

right clicking on my Computer and click on Manage don't take you to device manager. go to the hardware tab on system properties for that.

I used tunebite to convert my protect wma files (my cousin ripped her music as wma because she didn't know to change the settings to mp3) to wav. you don't lose quality this way. you lose sound quality compressing an already compress format. anyway it took up 23 gigs on my hdd. I was clearing hdd space today because my 500 gig hdd was almost full.

I use dbpoweramp to convert those files to m4a and delete the wav files. the gave me 18 gigs. dbpoweramp doesn't convert protect wma files, I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom