iTunes Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am continually getting an iTunes message that says "Error: Could not open iTunes because another user currently has the application open." I will get the message even if I don't even try to open Itunes. I would really like to figure this out because it is starting to get on my nerves. And yes no other user has it open.

Not sure if this helps, but you can try it out and see:
Find the Itunes.exe in the Itunes folder in Program Files. Right-click on the .exe/ Properties/ Compatibility, look down the bottom of that page for "Privilege Level" and tick the box that says "Change settings for all users". In the next window tick the box that says "Run this program as an Administrator". This may only solve your problem if you can both run it as the same username.

When you Run a Program as an Administrator you should get a UAC prompt (unless perhaps you have disabled UAC?

To see file extensions you may have to go into Control Panel/ Folder Options/ View, there you can untick "Hide known file type".

Source.

If that doesn't help, you can try this:
well try turning off your wireless or disconnecting form the interet so it wont see that other user

Source.

If you set it on each profile using option #1, it suppose to run on all the profiles using the Admin Username for identification I think.

Option #2, you can just try it to see if it works then reconnect back to the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom