Issues trying to install and run 2 sound cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiffy

Beta member
Dear Friends, Please help,
I have 1 onboard sound card and 1 external sound card. My internal card is from a VT8753 Chipset, VIA VT8233 with AC'97 audio. I also have a Hercules DJ console operating as an external sound card. I have been running the hercules for some time and has been operating fine. I then wanted to have mic input so that I could use for voice chat and also so that my webcam would be able to pick up sound. This was not possible to do through the Hercules so I tried to install the VIA vinyl deck, which was the recommended driver whihc came from the VIA site. However, when I did so, the MIC inputs started to work but the Hercules stopped working. The XP sounds also stopped working getting an error saying that file was corrupted. I then uninstalled both drivers, but on reinstalling Hercules, its not functioning properly. It says driver will not load as service name in use. I think that maybe 1 driver is conflicting with the other. I managed to get XP sounds working againbut not normal sound (via media player etc) but on reinstalling VIA the XP sounds dropped out and was left without any sound, although MIC works. I just wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to get both of these up and running. I want to be able to say play a music file to my external card, switch to mic when wanted and also keep my on board sound. Please help, its drving me mad !! ;oD

Ill be brutally honest.. i don't quite understand your post completely. Try to use paragraphs and make it look neat and provide good info.

It looks like your saying that you are unable to run two sound cards without problems or conflictions between the drivers. As far as I know, you can only run one sound device at a time.. Especially on windows.

I think your problem lies that you are running.. well.. two sound devices.
Try just using one.

Btw, why would you want to run two sound devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom